𝙴𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟷: 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙇𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝙐𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 (PROMPT)

SUMMARY

They are more than friends, yet not quite lovers—a celestial bond that defies conventional definition.

AUTHOR

I'm just feeling angsty. Don't mind me.

Karina slumped on a weathered bench in the quietest corner of the college campus, her gaze fixed on a distant point. The waning afternoon sun cast long shadows, mirroring the elongated absence that had become a fixture in her life. She barely registered Winter's cautious approach, the footsteps echoing the emptiness that had grown between them.

"Winter?" Karina's voice was cold, a stark contrast to the warmth it had once held.

Winter's heart pounded in her chest as she clutched a folded piece of paper, the creases deepened from her clenched grip. Summoning all the courage she could muster, she took a deep breath and spoke.

"Karina," Winter began, her voice trembling but determined. "I've written you a letter. Please, just give me a chance to explain."

Karina's expression remained unyielding, a mix of disbelief and scorn coloring her gaze. She eyed the paper as if it were a pathetic attempt at redemption, her lips curling into a bitter half-smile.

"A letter?" Karina's tone dripped with mockery, her eyes locking onto Winter's with a hard edge. "You think that's all it takes? A few words on paper to undo what you've done?"

Tears welled up in Winter's eyes, her grip on the paper tightening as she faced Karina's disdain head-on. She had braced herself for resistance, but the reality of Karina's hostility cut deeper than she had anticipated.

"Karina, please," Winter's voice quivered, a mix of desperation and determination. "I'm not trying to minimize what I did. I know I hurt you, and I can't change the past. But I want to make things right, to find a way back to the friendship we once had."

Karina's facade remained unbroken, her emotions carefully guarded behind a mask of resentment and anger. She scoffed softly, her gaze flicking away dismissively.

"Make things right?" Karina's laughter was tinged with bitterness, a harsh reminder of the pain she had endured. "You're naive if you think a few apologies can mend what's been shattered."

Winter's tears flowed freely now, her heartache etched across her face. She took a step closer, her voice trembling as she struggled to bridge the growing chasm between them.

"I don't expect you to forget, Karina," Winter whispered, her voice heavy with sorrow. "But I want the chance to show you that I've changed. I want to prove that I'm truly sorry for what I did."

Karina's icy facade began to crack, a hint of vulnerability seeping through. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears, her anger giving way to a painful mix of hurt and confusion.

"You have no idea," Karina's voice quivered, her gaze locked onto Winter's with a mixture of anguish and accusation. "No idea what you took from me. We were more than friends, Winter. You betrayed that."

Tears trickled down Winter's cheeks as she reached out, her fingers extending tentatively. Karina recoiled, her wounded heart refusing to allow Winter's touch.

"I know I hurt you," Winter's voice trembled, raw with regret. "I can't erase the pain I caused. But I've grown, Karina. I've learned from my mistakes."

Karina wiped away a tear, her anger now tempered by a sense of profound sadness. She turned away, her emotions tumultuous.

"You think a few promises make up for what you did?" Karina's voice was laced with a cutting bitterness, her heart still scarred from Winter's betrayal. "You expect me to believe you've changed?"

Winter's tears fell in earnest as she closed the distance between them, her voice a pleading whisper.

"I don't expect you to believe me right away, Karina," Winter's voice was laden with desperation. "But I won't give up on us. I won't give up on our friendship."

Karina's gaze remained averted, her voice barely above a whisper as a flicker of vulnerability surfaced.

"You left me broken, Winter," Karina's voice wavered, the weight of her words heavy with years of pain. "I can't just forgive and forget."

Winter nodded, her heart aching as she watched Karina's inner struggle unfold before her.

"I understand, Karina," Winter's voice was heavy with regret. "If forgiveness is something I have to earn, then I'm willing to do whatever it takes."

A somber silence hung in the air, a poignant reminder of the chasm that had opened between them. The fading sun cast elongated shadows, mirroring the distance that had grown over time. As the breeze carried the weight of unspoken words, the two former friends shared a heart-wrenching moment, their hearts entwined in a web of longing and pain.

FIN...

AUTHOR

I'm just angsty that's why I wrote this. I actually would love to write star-crossed lovers Winrina. But not sure yet because I haven't found a good plot for that kind of theme. What do you nerds think, btw?