Entry 3: Hate that I Love Yu

SUMMARY

Highschool AU. Set in a western school setting. Winter cannot comprehend why Karina likes kissing her.

AUTHOR

Don't mind me. I just wanna write something stupid.

Winter cannot comprehend Karina.

She was sitting on one of the bleachers, reading one of her favorite books, minding her own business, then out of nowhere, Karina freaking Yu kissed her. She was so shocked that she couldn't even utter a single word.

It wasn't the first time she'd done that.

The first time Karina kissed her was at Giselle's party. She was sitting on a couch, staring blankly, sighing deeply, feeling dead throughout the social interaction she'd experienced. Then, all of a sudden, she felt hands on both side of her cheeks, hoisting it up, then a pair of lips landed on hers.

Baffled by the sudden action, she heard people cheering, not far from where she sat. They were playing spin-the-bottle. Oh, so that's what it's all about, she ponders.

Instead of lashing out to the person who kissed her, she resigned, completely tired throughout the night. She doesn't like parties nor interacting with a bunch of hormone-driven teenagers. The only reason she's here is that she got dragged by her Chinese friend Ning Yizhuo. She didn't have the chance to argue back because the girl completely cornered her, making her defenseless. And then, she was forced to wear a dress that shattered her dignity.

She wasn't doing all this hard work to please Yizhuo. No. Never. It was a deal. A deal that—if she stayed for an hour at the party, Yizhuo would give her any snacks she wanted. That was a very tempting deal. So, she didn't hesitate.

Staying for an hour isn't too bad, I guess, she thought. She regrets staying. Winter wanted to slap herself for agreeing to Yizhuo's nonsense.

She wanted to hide from people's attention, but the dress she was wearing wasn't helping at all. A bunch of people had tried to talk to her, offering her drinks, and it's making her uncomfortable. She almost gagged when someone called her beautiful. She excused herself and ran as far away from those people.

Then, she's stuck in an embarrassing situation, lost her first kiss because of a stupid spin-the-bottle game, and the person who kissed her wasn't leaving her side. She was completely weird out.

Screw the snacks. She wants to get outta here.

Karina Yu. The only thing that she knew about Karina was—they're neighbors. The first time she got introduced to her was three days ago at the cafeteria. Yizhuo told her that—they were going to eat with other people for a change. Of course, Winter didn't like the sound of that. As a hardcore introvert, social interaction is a total nightmare. Not to sound dramatic, but it is without a doubt.

She remembered how Karina's eyes beamed at her when they met. She also recalls Giselle and Yizhuo's countless mundane conversations throughout lunch that she can't seem to relate to much. She also remembers how Karina flutters her lashes while staring at her intensely. Winter couldn't swallow her food properly because of how uncomfortable she was throughout their lunchtime.

One thing was clear to Winter at that moment. She doesn't want to meet Karina again. Her social anxiety triggers whenever she's with the girl, and she doesn't like the feeling of being suffocated.