Heavens, this woman would surely be her undoing.

(...)
The oppressive presence of Voldemort in the room made the atmosphere suffocating, and the tension in the air caused Cassiopeia's heart to race. Though she tried to hide her anxiety, her hands trembled slightly. As Dolohov detailed the supposed event he had witnessed in the room, the Death Eaters present laughed maliciously, intensifying Cassi's discomfort.

Voldemort appeared highly amused as Dolohov narrated in great detail what he believed he had seen. Or at least what he believed he had seen. Lucius Malfoy was visibly embarrassed, seeking a corner to hide in. However, Cassiopeia noticed a conspiratorial glance he exchanged with Narcissa.

Voldemort mocked them upon their entrance, his sinister laughter echoing through the room. "Ah, yes. You've finally decided to grace us with your presence," he taunted, eliciting more laughter from the other Death Eaters.

She swallowed hard, feeling vulnerable and exposed. Lucius was as red as a tomato, while some Death Eaters continued to mock.

"I must confess, I wasn't expecting such... affection. I thought the Malfoy involvement was related to Draco. Imagine my surprise."

He paused, staring fixedly at Narcissa. "If what Dolohov told me is true, soon there will be new pure fruits on the Black and Gaunt family tree."

She wanted to disappear right then and there. Her cheeks burned with shame. Dolohov would pay for this.

After excruciating moments of mockery, Voldemort strode off toward the Gaunt Manor, muttering angrily about punishing failures. He likely wanted to vent his fury over the setback on others.

When Dolohov shot one final lascivious glance at Cassiopeia and left the room, she finally breathed a sigh of relief. Lucius appeared annoyed and slightly amused.

"Honestly, Narcissa," he huffed as he settled into an armchair. "I know you're a bit eccentric, but having the Dark Lord in our sitting room..."

Narcissa arched an eyebrow, her posture elegant and haughty as ever. "Oh, Lucius, dear," she responded in a polite but sarcastic tone. "There's no need for all this drama. The situation was nothing like that imbecile described."

"Unfortunately," Cassiopeia heard the woman murmur softly.

Lucius furrowed his brow, perplexed by the apparent indifference. "Don't you understand? Dolohov, a Death Eater, saw you with Gaunt in that state! He mocked me in front of the Dark Lord!"

Narcissa's expression remained unshaken, and an ironic smile played on her lips. "Ah, of course. How deeply I care about anything Dolohov says," she said disdainfully.

"The Dark Lord can think whatever he likes. Besides, we'll get the annulment soon."

Lucius huffed in exasperation, pinching the bridge of his nose, unsure how to deal with Narcissa's apparent nonchalance. "You always act just like that!" he said, frustrated.

Narcissa shrugged, a nonchalant attitude that seemed to irritate him even more. "If you have a problem with it, Lucius, that's your problem."

"But this is a scandal! What if it affects our position in the hierarchy of darkness?" he retorted, seeking some logic.

She let out a soft chuckle. "My dear, as if we have any morals left after all," she taunted, elegantly sitting on the arm of the sofa next to Cassi.

"Actually, if it were up to me, we wouldn't even be in these blasted ranks," Narcissa continued with a carefree air.

Lucius looked scandalized for a moment before urging her to speak more quietly. "You're completely out of your mind! He already suspects we're betraying him. Do you want to stir the pot now and openly declare your treachery?"