Chapter 12: The Second Key

Start from the beginning

Noah: So that's why you say yes to all of this?

Elena: I figured if he is somewhere watching, then seeing his daughter do something crazy like this would definitely make him proud.

Noah: Do you really think this key thing's in Peru?

Elena: I-- I think so. The evidence lines up.

Noah: Well, if it is, and we get our hands on it, then we gotta destroy it.

Elena: What?

Noah: It can't unite the key without both pieces. No key, no Unicron, no Earth getting eaten.

Elena: Yeah, but then they can't get home.

Noah: We gotta think about us. Look, all you gotta do is find it. And I'll take care of the rest.

With the Autobots Charlie was looking at Y/N.

Charlie: Be honest... Can we bring him back?

Bumblebee: Can we?

Optimus Perhaps, if we could get him back to Cybertron. I never should've taken us so far from home.

Eventually, they arrive at the ruins of Peru. As they disembark, they see a brown and white 1970s Custom Volkswagen Type 2 panel bus coming toward them. It has a rough time doing a power steer.

Mirage: Wow. Wheeljack needs to fix that power steering.

It transforms into an Autobot, speaking in a Mexican accent.

Wheeljack: Sorry I was late. I was taking in a harmonious moment between a serene butterfly and an unruffled caterpillar. Such tranquility.

Noah: Hey, whoa, whoa! Oye, papo! Where you from?

Wheeljack: Cybertron.

Noah: So, where'd you get that accent?

Wheeljack: Accent? What accent?

Noah: You know what I'm saying? I'm saying it's cool. Like, I was about to be like "Yo! Mira papi! De donde eres perro a-" I didn't want to assume that you speak Spanish, too, because then... right?

Wheeljack: Hmm, a little racist, Hermano.

Noah: Not trying to be, you know- yo.

Wheeljack: But anyway, the mission. Follow me.

Noah: But he's a robot, like, so... how is that racist?

All of them follow him to the edge.

Wheeljack: Okay, guys, check this out. The coordinates you gave me correspond to an old church. Take a look.

They see a building where the other half of the Transwarp Key is.

Elena: That's Santo Domingo. The Spanish built it on top of an Incan temple.

Wheeljack: Correcto. I picked up some residual energy readings around the courtyard, so I'm guessing the key's somewhere close by. But we may have some trouble getting there. Inti Raymi, it's a festival that shuts down the whole city.

Mirage: Guess it's a night mission then.

Optimus: No! Scourge could already be here. We must retrieve the other half before he does!

Noah: Me, Elena, and Charlie will do it. Y'all would never make it two blocks.

Arcee: There's human security all around the church. You'll never get through.

Noah: Then we'll have to take a play out of your book. We'll hide in plain sight. We'll blend in with the parade.

Optimus: It is not a bad idea. We will keep an eye out for the Terrorcons. Our first sign of trouble. We are going in.