Chapter 12: The Second Key

ابدأ من البداية

Noah: If this dude gets a hold of that thing, it's game over for Earth! Our families, everybody. I'm going.

Optimus: Out of the question.

Noah: No offense, but I'm not trusting my home to a guy who couldn't even protect his. This is my planet. I'm going.

Airazor: What about you?

Elena: Me?

Airazor: What is your name?

Elena: Elena.

Airazor: Elena. Will you lead us to this temple?

Noah: Chance to stop the end of the world.

Arcee: Actually, you'll be saving two worlds.

Elena thinks for a moment, then nods.

Elena: Yeah.

They all go off as Bumblebee and Charlie go back to their apartment. Charlie parks Bumblebee in the garage as Bumblebee turns into his robot form. He uses the radio.

Bumblebee: Are you okay?

Charlie: No... Y/N... he's... he's dead.

Bumblebee hugs Charlie and she accepts it as she continues to cry. The next morning, Noah and Mirage arrive near an abandoned mill to meet with the others and Charlie is waiting with Bumblebee with her arms crossed.

Mirage: Wu-Tang is in the building, baby!

Charlie: Took you long enough.

Optimus: Way to be incognito.

Mirage: Aw, come on, Prime! Smile a little bit! It won't hurt. Let me see that underbite. Alright, so what kind of jet we takin' to Peru? Or is it a plane? Either one's fine. I just need first-class, okay? 'Cause I got long-ass legs.

Arcee: Uh, well, he is a plane.

Mirage: No. No, no, don't- don't tell me we're flying on... Oh no...

A cargo plane flies overhead, transforms in robot form, and lands in front of them.

Stratosphere: Ha, ha! My lads, I am Stratosphere! Lord of the skies!

He starts coughing and hocks up an engine part.

Mirage: Yeah, I'm walkin' to Peru.

In the plane Elena was singing. Charlie has not been herself since Y/N's death.

Elena: Chasing waterfalls... Ooh... Oh my gosh. Gonna have it your way or nothing at all. But I think you're moving too fast. Sorry. I sing when I get nervous. It usually calms me down.

Noah: First time flying?

Elena: Man, this is my first time leaving New York. Oh, my god. Oh, god!

Noah: So, the Bronx, huh?

Elena: Brooklyn, all right? East New York all day.

Noah: I'm from Bushwick.

Elena: Really?

Noah: Mm-hmm.

Elena: Me and my dad, we used to go to this- This pizza spot down on Nickafauka and Green.

Noah: Tony's Pizza? Wow. So, uh, Tell me about your pops. What was he like?

Elena: He was a cabbie for 40 years. Smartest guy you ever met. He could talk to you about anything. History, science, cricket.

Noah: Cricket?

Elena: And he ain't never even go to college either. I used to always say, "if you keep your eyes and your ears open, life will show you everything you need to know."