- Hailey, marriage is not like that, it cannot be the restart of something that is broken. We're not even together and...

- We were taking a break, I promise you that I will be better, I will deserve you and we will...

- Hailey! - Jay walks away completely, walking around the apartment running his hand through his hair as he thinks about the best way to end it without hurting her, when he looks at her, he knows there's no way, so he gets straight to the point, trying his best to filter himself with the words. - Listen, we're not getting married. I'm not ready for this... - he holds her face. - We are not ready for this. This whole thing that happened was crazy Hailey, but we hadn't been working out since before. Our friendship and partnership is no longer the same, we butt heads and you need help right now, not a relationship. I won't abandon you, but we'll just be friends.

- Jay... - She wanted to play the Erin card. I wanted to say that it's all because of her, but she wouldn't do it, no matter how hurt she was, she knew deep down that it shouldn't be like that, but the biggest reason that stopped her from bringing Erin into the conversation was the fear of what he would say to her. respect. - I don't want to finish, I...

- Hailey, I'm sorry, but I don't want to give you false hope. We're not going to work out and...

Her tears burst, she gasps for air as she cries, and Jay interrupts her words to calm her.

- Hailey...

- I can't be alone, I can't. Please don't do this to me Jay.

- I won't leave you alone. I'll always be here whenever you need me, but we can't go on as a couple. - he holds her to face him. - I'm here, I'm your partner and I'm your friend. -he was going to say he loved her too but at that moment he didn't want to send mixed signals or give false hope. He loved her as a friend, not as a girlfriend and after everything he realized that she never came to love like that and never would.

Even though he tried to soften her words, it seemed to get worse and worse, as Hailey simply started having a panic attack.

- Hailey, look at me. Breathe... together with me. - Jay starts breathing lightly and slowly so that she can follow him and to his relief after a few minutes she manages to stabilize.

...

After the episode with Hailey, the rest of the week for Jay was troubled, he tried to get Hailey to see a psychologist, but she refused, saying that it would become a bigger problem if she did and that it would only make things worse and that she wanted pull yourself together.

If you ask, his favorite moments were when he was with Charlotte and Lindsay. He created a connection with the girl that he couldn't explain and simply knew that no matter what happened in the next 4 months, he wouldn't be losing touch with her and Lindsay again.

- What you want to eat? - Jay just arrived at Hank's house and it was strange staying at his boss's house, but he was determined to get used to it if it meant more time with the girls.

This would be the first night that Jay would be alone with Charlotte. It had been a few days since Erin's conversation with Hank and she had avoided going to visit him at the hospital. She always called to see how he was, but she still wasn't ready to deal with him and so after work Jay went with her to pick up Charlotte.

- Pancake. - Jay smiles at this, earlier he made them pancake breakfast, the first time they had breakfast together and neither of them commented on it.