CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES

Start from the beginning

I said, "my dad sounded like legit sad when I wanted to change the night. Like I don't know, he was trying to say it was ok, but I just ok this is going to sound crazy so you can laugh at me, but I could like hear the frown that is on his face. I know that I couldn't see him, but I just could tell."

Tom smiled. He said, "it doesn't sound crazy."

I said, "I don't know why my dad would care if it is tonight or tomorrow night."

Tom said, "Sydney if you are too tired to go tonight let me call him back. Maybe he could come over tonight. Then we go over there tomorrow."  I said, "No I'm not tired. Actually, I'm feeling really good. Today was just what I needed."

Tom said, "Good."

Tom said, "you have one more surprise, but you can't have it till you get home, and no I'm not telling you what it is."

I said, "can you give me a hint?"

Tom said, "A hint I'll think about it."  He said, "it's tiny."

I said, "What kind of hint is that."

He said, "A perfectly good hint. I mean it's pretty easy to figure out."

I said, "Hanson because you know what it is."  He laughed.  He said, "right that is true, and you don't know what it is."  He smirked.  I said, "you should be thankful that you are driving, otherwise I'd punch you."  He laughed. So, did I.

I said, "you're not nice."  

He said, "how can you say I'm not nice. I planned a perfect picnic at one of your favorite spots, and I got you a present that you will be getting soon. Yet I'm not nice. I'm hurt."

He acted like he was fake crying.  I laughed. So did he.

I said, "I know you are very sweet, and the picnic was perfect, just what I needed. But you do know that you don't have to get me a gift. Your friendship is all I need. And besides I need to give you gifts every day, since I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you."

I blushed at that.  Tom smirked.  Damn I wish I could stop having those sexual thoughts about him, it's never going to happen. I need to accept it.

We got home.  Tom called his mom.  He said, "hey mom did you have time to bring Sydney's present over."

She said, "yes I did, he's up in her bedroom."

Tom said, "ok thanks."

I said, "your mom huh."  He laughed.

We went inside.  Tom went and sat on the couch. I stared at him.

I said, "oh I see, so you're going to make me wait for it huh."

He laughed.  He said, "yeah I'm not nice remember. I mean if I was a nice guy, I would just give it to you right now."  I said, "yes you would."  He said, "But since you said that I wasn't nice."  We laughed.

I said, "ok well be that way. I can wait for it."  

We laughed.

I said, "Tommy I think I'm going to go up and take a hot bath. Get ready for tonight."  Tom said, "I think I'm going to head up to my room and take a little nap."

He followed me, but instead of turning to his room, he kept on following me, as I headed to mine.  I didn't realize he was still behind me.

I went into my bedroom and went to my dresser to grab some diamond glittered jeans, and my blue shirt, and then dropped them right on the floor, and turned around, because it didn't even hit me when I first entered but there was a basket on my bed. A big basket, and there was a blue blanket on it.