CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES

Start from the beginning

He laughed.  Tom turned into the road leading to their place and put in the code. 

Tom said, "Joe and Lila aren't home, but I asked if we could use their property. I thought we could go the gazebo. It's not too hot out today."

I said, "Tom thank you. For thinking of this and bringing me here. It's a beautiful day to be outside."

Tom got out and came around opened my door. 

Tom went to his trunk and opened it and took out a blanket. He said, "you can carry this." I took it.  He said, "I brought pillows for you too, if you get uncomfortable and need one let me know."  I said, "Thank you."

Tom then took out the picnic basket.  And the bottle of wine.  I said, "Tom I can't believe all this. You blow my mind."  I blushed when I said that, because my mind went to images of Tom and I having sex. I'm sure he would blow my mind.

I didn't want him to see me blush or know what I was thinking, so I tried to pull my hair over to cover my face, and not look at him. Walking ahead of him to the gazebo.

When we got there Tom took the blanket from me, and placed it down, and then put the basket down.  I sat down on the blanket.  I said, "let's see what you got in your basket."

Tom smirked. He said, "I think I fixed a perfect picnic basket, but I'll let you be the judge."

I said, "yes Tom, I would say you did. Thank you so much for this."

Tom said," Sure I could tell you are tired of being cooped up in the house, and I thought the fresh air, and this beautiful spot would cheer you up."  I said, "it did thank you."  I kissed his cheek.

Tom said, "All we need now is some music."  He handed me his phone and let me pick the music.

We spent hours there.  Some of it was just spent eating, some talking, but some just sitting there not saying anything.

Tom said, "do you want to go say hi to the horses, I don't think you should ride yet, but" I said, "can we go see them" Tom said, "Sure."  we put the stuff up in Tom's car and then walked to where the barns were. I talked to each horse and petted their noses.  Giving them kisses.

Tom said, "Sydney we should get going" I said, "yes we have to get ready to go to my dad's tonight for dinner."  Tom said, "yeah."

I said, "I would rather not go to my dad's tonight."  

Tom said, "oh no did I keep you here too long, how could I be so stupid, have you sitting on the ground probably hurt you."

I said, "relax Tom. I'm fine. Today is just what I needed. I just was thinking I'd like to stay home tonight. Maybe we can go to my dad's tomorrow night."  Tom said, 'Sure."

While Tom drove, I called my dad. I said, "hey daddy do you think we could come over tomorrow night."

My dad said, "honey are you feeling ok, did you overdo it yesterday? Are you in pain"?

I said, "daddy relax. I'm fine. Yes, I was tired from yesterday, but I had a good night's sleep, and slept late, and then Tom and I went for a picnic at Joe and Lila's. just what I needed."

He said, "are you too tired to come over."  I said, "no."

He said, "Sydney I really was looking forward to you coming for dinner tonight. If you're not feeling well, or too tired then of course we can do it tomorrow night, but"

I said, "Tonight is fine. I'm feeling good. We will see you tonight."

I said, "That was weird."  Tom said, "What?"