CHAPTER 44: A HERO'S REWARD

Start from the beginning

I said, "no Hanson you are going to go have lunch with my dad and brother."

Tom said, "Sydney."

I said, "Tom you have not left this room since last night. It would do you good to at least go downstairs, get some food, maybe go get some fresh air outside. I'll be fine."

Jay said, "Hanson come on, it won't take long."

My dad said, "Son, you need to eat, since you are going to take care of Sydney it won't do you any good if you get sick. I would not be leaving her if I thought she was in danger. You know that."  Tom nodded.

Tom bent down and kissed my head.   Tom said, "I know they brought you up a late  breakfast, do you want anything else."  I said, "um maybe some ice cream"  Tom smiled.  He said, "Got it.  Call me if you need me. Can you reach your phone."  I said, "yes Tom. Please just relax. I'm fine."

Jay gave me a kiss on the head, so did my dad, and they left.

Tom's view:

I am not really wanting to be down in the cafeteria. When Sydney is upstairs. But since she insisted, I couldn't turn her dad down.

The cafeteria has a pretty cool restaurant in it, better than what I thought it would be.  They have sections, a Meat section, a salad bar, pizza, and a Mexican section, a Chinese section,, plus tons of cakes, cookies, brownies, ice cream.  Penhall would be here all day.  I laugh at the thought. I texted Sydney, "damn girl Penhall would go crazy in this cafeteria, we might not see him for days"  She laughed. She said, "I know they have everything don't they."  Tom said, "yes you want me to bring you brownies with your ice cream?"  She said, "yes please."

Sydney's view:

The guys had been gone about 45 minutes. Tom had texted saying he would be up soon.

I was watching  a soap opera, when there was a knock on my door. I said, "Come in."

It was the last person I expected to see. Rob.  What is he doing here? And my next thought was he better leave before Tom gets up here or this won't end well.

Rob said, 'hi Sydney"

I said, "what are you doing here?"

Rob said, "I wanted to come and bring you these."  Red and white roses. What the hell. Why is he giving me flowers?

When I didn't reach out to take them, he said, "I'll just put them on the table. um with your other flowers."

I stared at him.  I said, "I asked you why you are here. There is no reason that I can see that you would be here."

Rob said, "you almost died last night Sydney."

I said, "And again why are you here, it's not like you would give a damn if I died or not."

Rob said, "That's not true. I know you hate me still. And you have every right to, but I will always care about you."

I said, "oh thanks Rob, for giving me the right to have my own feelings. Your ego is insane."

Rob said, "Sydney I know how bad I hurt you, and I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to ever be hurt."

I said, "if that was true, then you wouldn't have slept with my cousin. You could have cheated on me with any other girl, and it would have hurt, but not as bad. But it's in the past. I'm with Tom now, and you are married to my cousin. Does she even know that you are here"

He said, "yes I told her I was going to stop by on my lunch hour. She is in an important meeting about being the next model for J adore."

I said, "well isn't that special. Now that you have come to tell me the great news about your wife you can get the hell out."