Author's Note

Welcome to Mercy & Fire.

I have been writing since I was a child and reading for far longer. In the midst of preparing for a different career post-undergrad, this is nothing more than a hobby that I enjoy in my free time.

This book was inspired by my interest in historical romance and fantasy. Disclaimer: this story is not meant to be historically accurate whatsoever. I am not a historian, and I probably never will be.

This story is about a woman I hold dear to my heart and her struggles with love, friendship, survival, and faith in the midst of political turmoil. She has taken many forms in my imagination, and this is the form I chose to share.

This is a completed work I will be uploading to the end. It does contain depictions of strong language, sexual assault (the aftermath of rape), violence/gore, and human remains. I will place a warning at the beginning of chapters and place an exclamation mark in bold (!) before these scenes. In addition, there will be sensitive topics discussed. The culture in this story is very traditional, so be warned of the themes touched and criticized by the characters.

I myself have struggled with my own faith and my role as a human being in the midst of all the evil increasing and running rampant in the world today. I hope anyone who stumbles across this story can find solace in the fact that there is hope. (I am also on Neobook @gnbrave).

Enjoy(:

G.N. Brave