"Stay away from me", I want to say, but all that comes out is a whimper.

"Mandy what's going on? Talk to me."

"... No... air...", I gasp. "I... can't breath." Now, I see some stars.

"Hey Mandy, look at me", suddenly, he lifts my chin, so that I have to look him in the eyes. If I would've had anymore breath, these warm, chocolate eyes would have taken it away.
His hand and fingers are warm and comfortable, and they feel exactly as I imagined when I saw the picture, he once sent me of his tattoo. I look again into his eyes and expect them to be full of hate, because a minute ago his voice was cold, yeah icy, and emotionless. Now, his eyes are full of concern. There's no hate, nothing. Just a boy, who worries about someone, who's having a panic-attack.

"You have claustrophobia, haven't you eh?", he asks. "Just nod, okay? You don't have to say something."

I nod.

"Okay." Shawn removes his hand from my chin, and before I can sorrow that, I feel him taking my hands into his. "Listen Mandy, just listen to my words, okay? We will get outside, 'kay? We won't be stuck into this fucking elevator much longer. We will just breath some moments together."
His voice is so warm and comforting. It's like I once imagined, he would speak to me, when we would finally meet. That was at the days, when we we're still writing on Wattpad. And now, he doesn't even trust me to the doors of this elevator. I did everything wrong.
How the heck did we end up here?!

"Now let's take a breath. Together."

Wow, that's really good. I feel the air flooding my lungs, and I gasp for more air.

"Easy girl, take your time!"

While we continue taking deep breaths together, Shawn continues speaking with this unusual calm and in a way humorous voice. "I usually make these practices right before going on stage. It's really good, to cool down, ya know?"

I nod. I remember very well, what Shawn once said about his problems going on stage. And I remember the way, we talked, when I wished him luck. I wish so much, to go back in time.

"Why?"

Oh my gosh, did I speak this out loud?

"Yes you did."

Shit. I really have to suffer under a lack of oxygen.

"Why do you wanna go back in time, Mandy?", Shawn repeats, and I hear an attentive tone in his voice.

"I..."

The elevator makes a strange sound, than suddenly, it starts to move. We're driving down. We untighten from each other, but Shawn doesn't move. "Mandy? What were you gonna say?"

The elevator stops. Again. But this time, it's just the stop where we wanted to step out.
We hear excited voices, and Shawn stands up, right before the doors open. Then, he offers me his hand.
I'm still thinking about, if I should take it, when he just takes my hand and helps me up. For a second we're just looking at each other, than, the doors open.

"Oh my gosh, for thank god, you're okay", Amy says and nearly jumps into Shawn's arms. She hugs him that tightly, that I have to look beside, and instead, I focus my attendance on Aaliyah, who is sending me questioning looks.

"Are you okay?!", Amy looks deeply worried at Shawn.

"I'm okay. But Mandy isn't. She should go see a medicine."

"No no, I'm fine", I mumble. "I gotta go." I'm almost running, when I'm leaving the elevator, and I hear how Shawn says to Amy: „Wait a moment please."

"Mandy!"

I'm just around the corner, when he gets to me. "Mandy, wait!"

"Stay away from me Mendes!", I snap. "Just stay away from me!"

"Wohow-ow", he stops immediately, and gives me the time, to keep my distance.

"I don't want your money, I don't want fame, I don't want anything from you! You showed me in so many ways, that I'm not worth it, that I wouldn't wonder, if you'd think, that I am the most intrigant, mean, not trustworthy person on the whole world. But I never did anything to you. YOU did to ME. And now, let me go!"

I whirl around and get away from him with large steps. The worlds still moving, the ground's going up and down under my feet. I wipe away the tears that found their way in a sneaky form into my eyes and down my cheeks.

~

'Cause we all get lost sometimes, yeah
We all get lost sometimes
Don't leave your heart behind
'Cause we all get lost sometimes

~

————————

AN:Hey y'all guys! I have to say, that this is one of my all favorite chapters of the story so far!! I just love the tensions and everything between the lines

AN:
Hey y'all guys! I have to say, that this is one of my all favorite chapters of the story so far!! I just love the tensions and everything between the lines. Hope, you'd like it either! ❤️