Chapter 26

Kaida lands first on the grassy banks on top of the white cliffs overlooking the West Sea.

There is a slight breeze from the sea currents, and she shields her eyes from the afternoon Sun.

Adrien's ships are hard to miss.

They are massive black eyesores that almost seem to teleport with how fast they're cutting through the water.

Blink and they're already 100 metres further. Blink, and they're another.

Kaida scans the horizon; she counts 5 ships.

She was already racing against time.

She huddles with the team she brought with her, turning animated as she directs them.

"Oshunos, I need you to wipe out those ships. Drown them all. Yuri, you help them. Pierce holes in the hulls. Vipers, you help too, use whatever living thing you can. I want no remnants. It's a lot to ask, which is why I'm here. Take all the power you can from me."

Kaida steps back and proceeds to watch, her eyes sharp. She expects her orders to be carried out immediately.

The sky quickly greys, unnaturally so. It is overcast and dreary within the blink of an eye.

The soft winds that once blew turn harsher and stronger. Kaida's doing.

An Oshunos man cracks his neck, and feeds into Kaida's bank of energy, with delight.

His eyes glaze over and his arms whip around with ferocity and within an instant the untameable ocean waves are at his mercy.

The Oshunos all work in tandem and the waves grow larger and more ferocious.

The sea comes alive, and a blanket of sea water rises so high it touches the clouds, spraying water vapour across them all.

It is a terrifying sight, seeing sea water rise so high. Kaida's eyes gleam.

The wave crashes down, with such sheer power, it breaks a ship in half.

"Drag it under."

Kaida orders.

The sea swallows the two halves of dark oak, and the ship is never to be seen again.

The eyes of a a curious young Oshunos sparks with imagination.

She has never had access to such power in her life, and she had never been given such freedom with how to wield it.

She looks at the Queen's back in awe.

Then she steps up to the edge of the cliffs, her bare feet making contact with the harsh rock.

With some crazy flicks of her hand, spirals of sea water begin to form. They disobey the laws of gravity and create whirlpools from sea to sky.

They spin and spin gaining momentum, before they completely tear through a ship.

Disintegrating the hull entirely so black bits of wood are ripped off and spiral upwards.

It is a mess of wood and metal and sails.

The girls's conjured water tornadoes take out two ships with maximum efficiency. They are unstoppable.

She lets them tear across the bay, then she squashes them back, merging them with the ocean again.

"What is your name?"

The girl blinks fast, her breathing erratic and her hair wild, from the sheer strain of what she had accomplished.

She is shocked the Queen is addressing her, almost starstruck.