"And you would always bring food for me." I continued, chuckling a bit.

"And you would still complaint that they aren't authentic Korean food." She added in, joining the laugh.

"I haven't really thanked you officially, Jinhee ah." I stopped in my tracks, turning to look at her. "If it wasn't for you, I would not have any friends in Chicago. Thank you."

She lightly shook her head, "Don't mention it, Jungkook. I enjoyed the times we shared." She stared at me, beaming.

"It was memorable memories." I agreed, continuing my track to break off our eye contact. "I will always take you as a good friend of mine."

Jinhee POV

"I will always take you as a good friend of mine." I heard that he tried to emphasize on the point, "good friend".

"Jungkook ah..." Doesn't he know how I feel towards him since our teenager days? I have been treating him with my heart and soul, does he not know that? I was the one who has been there for him during his lonely days.

"Jinhee ah," he cut me. "I am really grateful that I have met you in Chicago and I really treasure you as my friend. I hope we can stay like this forever."

"Is it because Yuna appeared in your life?" I questioned and we fell into silence.

"I have always treated you like my sister, like a friend, Jinhee ah." I saw a small smile formed at the corner of his lips. "But indeed, I fell for Yuna without me knowing. I thought I would be single for life until I met her."

I heard my heart shattered into million pieces right at that moment. I treated him more than a friend, I knew I liked him since our younger days. I wished we could turn back time and halt right there. The laughter, the memories, the times we shared, that was the story of us. A story that could only stay in the past now.

"But it was me, who was there for you when you were alone..." I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear too. Luckily the wind was strong enough to blow my tear drops off my cheeks away swiftly.

"You will find someone more suited for you, Jinhee ah." Jungkook placed both his hands on my shoulders, bending a little to meet my eyes. It was those sincere and soulful eyes which attracted me when we first met. To me, it was near to perfect. I liked everything single thing about him, even his weaknesses and flaws. He would never know how much he meant to me and how disheartened I was when he left to go back to Korea. I knew it wasn't his choice. But everything changed ever since. Everything.

"Can't we go back to how we were like before?" I placed my hands on his arm, clenching them a bit to show my eagerness.

"Nothing's ganna be the same, Jinhee ah. Times have changed, things have changed, our lives have changed too. We aren't who we were anymore, Jinhee. It's time to move on." He patted on my shoulders before breaking off our physical contact. "I love Yuna. I know it. I have never felt this way before. It feels like destiny."

"What if she isn't the one for you? What if it doesn't turn out to be what you imagined, Jungkook ah?" I started to feel despondent. I am not denying that Yuna is a pleasant lady, but it was me, it was me who participated a huge part of Jungkook's life. Why does she have to appear?

"Love is a gamble; we all know it. For her, I am willing to give in my all and show hand. Don't ask me why, Jinhee. I don't have a concrete explanation yet, but I really hope you can support and give us your blessings." He looked back up at me, and I could see the genuine and profound expression through his eyes. He is serious about Yuna, I have never seen these eyes when he was with me.

I have lost. I have lost him. I have lost to Yuna.

I nodded my head slowly, slowly realising the fact that this man standing right in front of me has really changed. He isn't that small and helpless Jungkook that I knew anymore. Like he said, things changed and his found his girl.