Anyone who sees this scene will firmly believe without hesitation that the girl praying quietly in front of them is an angel sent from heaven.

If Gu Chi hadn't seen the series of operations just now...

"..."

There was a crack in Gu Chi's calm expression, and he turned his head quickly.

One more look, and he felt like he was going insane.

"Captain, I've finished cleaning up here."

"Me too."

Gu Chi nodded and said, "Thanks for your hard work."

"Our task objective needs to be temporarily changed. Send Professor Lin and the student back to the alliance headquarters first."

Others heard the words and had no objection.

Gu Chi looked at everyone.

"Go to Song Shi's side to meet up first, and then you wait for me in the car."

After everyone left, Gu Chi searched the entire laboratory to make sure that nothing was missed before walking away.

Before leaving, he took another look at the zombie with the cross hanging on it.

As if sensing his thoughts, the cross wobbled and fell from the green forehead.

"..."

Gu Chi picked it up from the ground and put it in its original position.

He turned his head impatiently.

…Amitabha.

Two days later.

Because the journey back to the headquarters was about the same as their team's original route, Gu Chi followed the original promise and sent Chi Ying to a C-level safety zone passing by.

There are less than forty people in the C-level security area, most of them are adult men, and there are only about ten women, and two of them have children.

Seeing Gu Chi and his party, most of them didn't react, just lowered their heads and went about their own business. Only a few muscular men looked their way from time to time.

Put Chi Ying here, they plan to stay here for one night. After leaving the laboratory, they hardly had a good rest in the past two days. Now that I am in the safe zone, of course I need to make some adjustments.

Lu Yunfei was still a little reluctant to part with Chi Ying, and thought about it for a long time in the safe zone.

"Hey, if only you had supernatural powers, you could still be with us..."

Even if the ability is not strong, if you can protect yourself, it's good to be a mascot.

Holding some water and food they gave her in her hands, Chi Ying forced a smile.

She's a little distracted now...

In the farthest corner of the safe area, sat women like her. But the state of these people was as skinny as she had never seen before.

There are two people with slightly better looks who are in better condition, but their clothes are already tattered, and their bodies are also covered with bruises.

There was almost no communication between them, they just hugged their bodies silently. There was still a little brilliance in the eyes of the two children, and they caressed the baby in swaddling with their skinny hands.

"Hey!"

As they were talking, a hoarse and unpleasant male voice suddenly interrupted them.

"You guys, where are you from?"