Chapter 6 • Secrets

Start from the beginning

We stood in front of the beige shackled house with plants surrounding it, the clear blue waters rising from the stone fountains. It looked like something you would see in Barbie.

It screamed colorful and decorative as we see the big hanging banner over the two open white doors saying "Welcome Debutantes!" In pink and blue.

I hesitated to walk up the steps leading into the fancy interior designed house with the fancy people.  "Gosh this place really screams prissy princess.." I heard Emilia mumble behind me.
"Let's go outside to the back where everyone is going." I noticed the very beautiful gardened backyard. The tables were made of glass with umbrellas on top.

You could definitely tell that these people were not happy. That's why I quit being a debutant for my mother, I'm just here for my friends now. It didn't look nor feel real to me whatsoever.
I saw a long square table with Everest and everyone else there. He saw me immediately and probably only smiled because he noticed Lorenzo wasn't here and it was Emilia. "You look beautiful" He said lightly sneaking his hand barely on my waist.

"Thanks." I sighed heavily quickly leaving his grasp to sit down next to an empty chair. "Where's your um date?" He played dumb. "He wasn't able to make it." I give a small smile, then my hands made it to a glass of lemonade chugging it down.

Emilia sat further down the table, so I was alone until Everest wanted to seat himself next to me. "You know it means a lot that you could make it." He whispered "it's no problem." I shrugged lightly.

"I'm truly glad he didn't come, he wouldn't have fitted in." He adds; I scoff in disbelief. "Everest just stop"— I was interrupted by people bluntly saying "who the hell is that man?" all of my attention on Everest had completely vanished.

I saw him standing there in the doorway leading to the brunch tables.

Lorenzo wore an all black tuxedo, his long hair was down. He looked clean attractive and intimidating. His eyes seemed like they were scanning the room and then he saw me, I stood up slowly.
We both started walking towards each other in front of all these beautiful women who were all so curious about him.

Suddenly we were in front of each other. I couldn't tell if he wanted to say something, so I did first. "You came.." I whispered to him "I didn't really have a choice did I?" Lorenzo got closer to my body wrapping his big hand around my waist walking me back to the table.

His head was on my shoulder as he spoke and walked. "I thought you"— I couldn't even think straight, oh my gosh. He stopped walking and my body turns into his. "Arabella, you can ask me to do anything for you and I will do it, regardless if I hate it or not."

"Also I like pissing off Everest. Which also had no time trying to sit next to you." He explained and I smile softly. "Okay. Um well he's in your spot, so do you want to sit somewhere else or..?" I looked up at him. Lorenzo gently took his hands off my body walking over to Everest.

"You're in my seat, get up." He said lowly. He shot up and awkwardly went back to his seat with his actual date. Thank the lord—
I went over to him and his hand reaches out for mine. While he had my hand he moves me around to sit in my seat guiding me with his arm. He sat down next to me after I did.

Gentlemen much?

I thought it was sweet of him actually. I've never been around any guy who has been nothing but aggressively honest yet gentle with me. It made my stomach knot. "Cat caught your tongue?" His eyes were on my nervous demeanor. Before I said anything a waiter came around the table with champagne and another alcoholic drink on her plate.