Chapter 7 History

The warm water rushed out of the shower and down her head, shoulders, back and legs running down the drain. There was white foam on the floor slowly being washed away by the water, the water was creating a slight mist and had fogged the mirror hanging over the faucet in the bathroom. The shower turned of and with a small creak the glass shower door was opened, reaching for a towel to wrap around her body she stepped out on to the shower rug. Anya wrapped the towel around her and reached for a smaller one to dry her hair with, she opened the small window in the bathroom to air it out and stepped in to the open bedroom. The sun was shining in through the windows and she stood right there just enjoying the warmth, she could here the birds chirping and people talking it was a beautiful day. It was like nothing had happened, she thought back to last night and she opened her eyes fast not wanting to remember what had happened. She went over to the closet and took out a pair of jeans, a shirt and some underwear and put it on, she then picked up her brush and combed her hair which was still slightly wet. She then went on to put on some make-up after looking in the mirror, she looked tired after what had happened. When she was done she put on some shoes and picked up her jacket and bag which held her camera, phone, wallet and other necessities, and walked out of the room.

As she walked down the hall she could hear someone talking and as she rounded the corner she saw that Mrs Johnson was talking to that young cop from last night.

"Oh, there she is!" Mrs Johnson exclaimed in an exited tone. She waved Anya over to the reception desk not that it was needed she was going to go over anyway. She walked up to them her shoes making dull sounds as she walked on the carpet that laid on the floor, she looked at Nathaniel and then at Mrs Johnson.

"Did you need anything?" Anya asked looking at them puzzled, a small smile slowly forming on her lips.

"Oh, no I don't but he dose" Mrs Johnson nodded towards Nathaniel, they both turned to him and he gave a nervus laughter.

" He came to see you, apparently he was worried about you since you had an accident last night and...." Mrs Johnson got cut off.

"Okay, okay you don't need to tell her everything jeez cut me a break will you!" Nathaniel's cheeks were slightly pink, Anya saw this and blushed slightly think it was lucky she had makeup on. Mrs Johnson chuckled and left the reception desk walking towards the dining room where she most likely would continue to the kitchen to prepare for dinner.

"You kids go and have fun while you still can" she waved at them and closed the door. Anya turned towards Nathaniel who was already looking at her. They were standing only a few cm/inches away from one and other, it grew quiet between them until Nathaniel cleared his throat.

"I wanted to check in on you to see if you are okay after last night, and to see if you might be available for lunch?" he looked at her meeting her eyes hoping she would say yes.

"Sure, I would love to. I was heading out to eat so some company would be nice!" she answered in cheerful tone taking him by surprise, he thought after last night she might not want to see him again. She grabbed his arm and linked them together leading them towards the front door, he grabbed the handle and opened the door and the cool air hit their faces as they stepped out.

They sat down at one of the tables in the corner of Macie's café, Anya placed her jacket and bag on the empty chair next to her while Nathaniel hung his jacket behind him on his chair. They hadn't talked on the walk over here just walked next to one and other on the sidewalk, neither of them knew what to say or how to start the conversation. Nathaniel looked around the café, there was a few people sitting at a few tables eating and chatting away.

"So, why did you seek me out at the hotel?" he snapped his head towards her voice with a confused look on his face.

"I know you weren't just there took check up on me so don't lie and tell me" she looked at him with a small smile but her tone of voice told him she wasn't messing around. He sighed and leaned forward.