Chapter 6 More questions then answers

They jumped out of their skin when another sound sounded out, a ringing tone and a faint light came from one of Nathaniel's pockets. Both let out a relived breath and Nathaniel reached for his phone, he took it out of his pocket and saw the screen and answered.

"Where are you?" Captain Jermen asked in a worried tone, Nathaniel looked around not recognizing the trail they were on.

"I don't know exactly but we followed the trail that was next to the crime scene?!" he looked at the trail back towards the crime scene.

"Ok, stay were you are I'll come to you..." Jermen got cut off.

"Sir, I don't think it's a good idea" he got interupted 

"Why? Never mind, I'm coming stay there!" and with that Jermen hung up on him. Nathaniel turned to Anya, her face was pale and she had tears rolling down her cheeks. He reached out and grabbed her hand lightly squeezing it, she looked down at their hands and then up at his face.

"Hey, everything's going to be alright you are safe you don't need to cry" he said in a soft voice. She looked at him and then brought her free hand to her face and felt her cheek, they were slightly wet and she whipped the teers away. She didn't even noticed that she had been crying, a slight blush crept on to her face usually she wasn't scared easily and she got embarrassed.

"I'm fine, I guess it just got a little tens back there. I didn't even notice that I was crying, sorry" she gave him a small smile.

"Don't worry about it, it can happen to the best of us. To be honest I was about ready to shit my pants back there..." he scratched his head embarrassed and chuckled and Anya joined him. The air around them got lighter as they stood there and laughed, it was like nothing ever happened. All of a sudden they stooped when they heard thumping, a lump formed in their throats and they got tens waiting for whatever it was making the thumping sound.

Nathaniel moved his light around when it landed on someone on the trail jogging towards them, he got a bit surprised. With a slight huffing Captain Jermen came jogging up to them and behind him Mark with a big shotgun in his hands, they booth stopped a few meters away from them. They were both panting after the run over to them from the cars, Jermen looked at them with puzzled eyes.

"What is she doing her? She shouldn't be out her?!" Jermen looked at them angrily.

"I know, but she didn't want to go back and I didn't have the time to argue with her" Nathaniel stepped towards his coworkers with Anya right behind him.

"Besides we have a bigger problem" Nathaniel looked at them seriously.

"What can possibly be bigger problem than a civilian out in the woods in the middle of the night when there is a killer on the lose?" Mark snapped at him.

"Well..." Anya looked at them "how about another dead person?" Mark and Jermens eyes widened.

"Look I'm sorry for not listening and going to the woods like this but..." she got cut off.

"We will talk about this later! What did you just say? There is another body, take us there!?" Jermen ushered them to show him. At first they hesitated, they didn't wanna go back to that place but they knew they had to. Once again the memory of being watch made them both shiver, they both stood there apparently a bit to long for Jermens liking.

"I'd rather not we split up and be caught of guard. Mark! Take miss Fields back to the cars and stay there with her, me and rookie are going to go back there" he pointed towards the black forest. Mark nodded his head and stepped to the side of the trail signaling for Anya to come with him, she took shacky steps forward and looked at Jermen and spoke.