I promised myself to hate him for the rest of my life but he apologized. It was as unexpected as our first night. He said that his friends drugged him, and even if he is not sober, he has no right to touch me without my consent.

I had no option but to trust him. I hate it when he holds my hand, honestly, I want to throw up every time. If I had power then I wouldn't have stayed here for a single minute but I had no place to go. No one will believe me, sex is normal in marriage but it is not normal for me. It was the first time anybody has touched but...

I'm trying hard to not break down but these tears keep following me. every time I think about that night. I don't know what to do. I don't want to be with him but I have to be with him. It's unfair... Despite hating him, I have to be with him. I want to disappear...

"My friends are coming over," Shrawan said while organizing the bed. "Look pretty for me," he removed his t-shirt and put it in the laundry basket. I stared at him, this time I was not attracted by his charm, I just wanted to be at a safe distance. He tried to hug but I backed off saying I had to make breakfast. "Please be comfortable around me, I'm a man of my word. I promised that I'll not do it again without your permission. Try to believe me," I nodded and left the room.

Half an hour later I came back to our room and felt at ease after surveying the room. I bathe and change into a beautiful pink saree that my mother bought for her. I see off my in-laws and came to the kitchen.

"Ma'am you need something?" A maid asked.

"A cup of tea," I whispered.

"I'll bring it to your room," she started preparing the tea.

"I'll do it myself," I said.

"You don't have to," Shrawan's voice shivered my spine. "Bring my black coffee as well," he ordered and gently grabbed my hand, and took me to the terrace. After reaching there I removed my hand. He kept looking at his empty hand but shrugged it off after a few seconds.

"Can you stop touching me?" I finally let my heart out. "You're making me uncomfortable." My eyes glistened with tears with every word I spoke.

He made me sit on the swing and kneel in front of me. "I'm not a bad man Vijaya. I swear I never intended to do that on our first night. My friends drugged me and I lost control. I truly apologize for that time. Please try to give me a chance," he said with teary eyes. "I'm aware you think of me as a pervert but please trust me... I had never done this in my life," tears fell from his eyes. "Just tell me what I should do to make up with you, I promise I'll do anything."

"Please give me some time..." before I could continue I noticed the maid coming with two cups. I saw her giggling watching us together. I pulled Shrawan to the other side of the swing and took the cup from her hand.

His friends arrived so we went downstairs to meet them. He introduced them to me, "He is Ruhan, Ankit, Mahesh, and her sister Arshi," After twenty minutes when he noticed that I was getting bored with them, he suggested I go back to our room.

After an hour, Mahesh came to my room and asked me about Shrawan.

"Wasn't he with you?" I questioned him.

"One hour ago he said that he had some work to finish so he'll join us after half an hour. I tried to call him but he didn't pick up my phone."

"It's weird," I mumbled but let it slide and told him that I'll find him.

I got up and asked the maid about him and she told me that she saw him going upstairs. "What is he doing upstairs when his friends are waiting for him?" I thought about it and moved upstairs. One by one I opened three rooms but there was no trace of him. When I tried to open the next room it was locked from inside.

"Shrawan, are you in?" I asked and Arshi unlocked the room. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Nothing, I was just roaming around," She shuttered.

"Did you see Shrawan?" I asked.

"He is in the washroom," she told me. Sweat forms on my head. Shrawan came out and saw me outside. He put his arm around my neck asking, "What are you doing here wifey?"

"Your friends are waiting for you," I explained.

Frankly speaking, I'm skeptical what if they are having an affair? What if he was toying with me? There were countless questions in my head.
Should I confront him? Is he cheating on me?

Vijaya get yourself together, try to trust him. He is already apologizing for his bad behavior, if I ask many questions it will ruin our relations more. I hope that all the wild thoughts that are crossing my mind pass soon. If they were doing something then he would not be this casual when he noticed me with her. Their clothes were tidy so stop with your overthinking.

I wish you were a real person so that you could guide me in this situation.

Yours Vijaya

Yours
Vijaya