The storm with you

Start from the beginning

I shook my head and smiled at his recklessness. I loved that about him. I loved him.

We got in the car, immediately making the seats wet and shivering. I instantly reached for the aux cord. Hyunjin chuckled at my habit and began driving.

Now playing: Perfect Blues- Hannah Bahng

"Will we get killed if you get caught sneaking out?" He asked with a smile.

"I won't get caught. It takes the sky to be falling in order to wake up my parents." I said sarcastically.

I had no idea where we were going. Neither of us did. But we didn't care. We just wanted to take the night in our own hands. As the rain poured down the windshield, it created the perfect melody with the music and our voices. It was perfect.

"Where do you hope to be in 5 years?" He asked, adding onto the other countless topics we've been talking about for the past 30 minutes.

"I hope to be in Seoul, with my own bakery. Selling little treats while my fiancé, Hwang Hyunjin, is working in a Dance studio. Then I come home to our apartment and make us dinner as we eat on the couch, even though we have a dining table, watching tv and talking about our day. We play with our small puppy that we got as an anniversary gift. Then we fall asleep listening to the beautiful noises of the city and do the same thing the next day." I say while smiling and imagining the whole scenario in my head.

I looked over and saw Hyunjin smiling to himself.

"Fiancé huh?" He smirked.

I couldn't help but grow flustered. I said it to be funny and serious but completely forgot the fact that actions have consequences.

"I mean, well,  yeah." Was all I could manage to respond with, completely red in the face.

"I like the idea of that. I'll pray for you to let it come true." He teased and put his hand on my thigh.

I smiled and looked forward, loving the fact that he enjoyed my idea of our future.

Just then, he suddenly pulled into an empty parking lot under the open sky, rain crashing down.

"What are we doing at a closed Food-Mart ?" I giggled.

He simply smiled and scrolled through my playlist of music, happily clicking a specific song. He quickly got out of his side of the car and walked over to my side. I watched, confused as to what his plan was. He opened my door and pulled my hand to guide me outside. He pulled me close to him, our faces inches apart.

"Dance with me."

Now playing: Understand- Keshi

I smiled at him as I heard the tune to one of our favorite songs playing. He rested his forehead against mine and put one arm around my waist, his other hand holding mine. We swayed to the music and closed our eyes, taking in every second of this moment.

Suddenly, he began singing along to the song. I was starstruck. He never sang in front of me, no matter how much I begged him to.  God, he sounded so beautiful. I rested my head on his chest, listening to the angel-like sounds coming from him. I could stay like this for a while, in each others embrace, slow dancing to the music from his car, gradually getting more and more drenched from the rain.