It's My Job As A Father

General POV:

While Connor is at his new school for the first time his father is at his new job still trying to remember everyone's names. He's in his office taking his mandatory lunch break. As he's finishing his food he looks up at the clock and notices that he only has 10 minutes left of his break and he begins to feel a little tired so he goes into the kitchen and starts to make a cup of coffee when he hears people talking about Connor.

" Did you hear that his son is gay"! " Ya and I heard that he has a boyfriend who has two mothers"! " That has to be embarrassing! How can he live with himself"!

As The conversation goes on Adam finally blasts and puts a stop to it as he gets louder and louder as he continues to talk.

" You know what! Nothings wrong with people being gay! They are humans just like us. So you have no right to talk! There is nothing wrong with men liking men and women liking women" says Adam as he gets louder. " That's not what I'm saying" says one of his workers. " I know what you meant and I'm not happy about it! Nothing is wrong with my son! He's just as normal as any of us! So before you go talking about people behind their backs think about how you would feel is people were talking behind your back" says Adam as his face starts turning red from anger! " That's enough" says his boss whose walking up to them angry! " Let's all just calm down" says the boss as he starts to push Adam away from the other guys! " Ya go back home to your son.. you probably made your son gay" says the same guy that started all of this. As he said that he smiled and laughed at Adam. " THAT'S IT" yells Adam running up to the guy as he starts tackling the guy. " You know what you're both fired" yells the boss! " Good because I QUIT" screams Adam as he storms out of the kitchen knocking people over along the way. " Now everyone get back to work" says he boss as he leaves the kitchen upset.

After getting home from that hard day at work and after he saw Connor almost O.D. he decided to talk to Connor about everything that happened. As he walked into Connor's room he took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. He saw Connor was looking at his phone sad and completely quiet.

" Can I talk to you for a minute" asked Adam as Connor didn't move and continued to look at his phone. " I don't like it here" says Connor still looking at his phone. " I know" says Adam. " Then why are we here" asked Connor now looking at Adam with a mad face and red eyes from all the crying he did? " We don't have to stay if you don't want to" said Adam as he knew that he had to tell his son what happened. " What about your job" asked Connor? " I quit" admitted Adam. " Why" asked Connor? " I kind of got fired and quit all in one" admitted Adam. " Why" asked Connor again? " There were a few guys there talking about you and Jude.... I guess I couldn't handle it... so I yelled at them... and when I walked away they said that I was the reason why... and I got in a fight" admitted Adam feeling like a bad influence. " I'm sorry..... I feel like it's all my fault" said Connor looking down again. " It's not your fault.. I should have been the stronger one and ignored it" says Adam as he comforts his son. " Don't blame yourself for any of this.... Its my job to stand up for you... no matter what happens I'm here for you... don't forget that... ok" says Adam as he rubs Connor's back... " Thanks" says Connor as he starts to smile.... " So where are we going to stay" asks Connor wondering where they are going since they don't have a house any more. " I don't know... but wherever it is.... I'll be there to make sure that no one... and I mean no one hurts you" says Adam as he gets up and leaves the room so that Connor can pack.

*** Two days later***

Adam and Connor walk up to a house that looks familiar to them with there bags in their hands.

" Are you sure that we can stay here? Did you even ask" asks Connor as they get up to the door? " Yes I asked.. they said that it's ok" says Adam.

As they get up to the door Connor rings the doorbell and a familiar face opens the door.

" Hello Connor! And Hello Adam! Come on in" says the person as they walk inside with their bags.

A/N:

Where do you think Connor and Adam are staying until they find their own place? Who do you think answered the door? What's next for Adam and Connor?