Everyone Deserves A Second Chance

Nick's Dad's POV:

I can't believe we ended up here. I should have accepted him for being gay instead of bashing him for being who he is. You'd think that as you get older that you cry less but that isn't fully true. The night he came to talk to me I should have listened to him instead of calling him names and pushing him around like a punching bag. But no Instead of acting like a father I acted like I bully. I can't believe I bullied my own son... now look where I am... I'm sitting him crying.... I know they say that when you care about someone that you protect them. But when I tried to protect my own son he ended up worst off then he did when I took all my anger out on him. What makes it worst is that I didn't only hurt my own son I hurt his friend's father who is now sitting next to. You might be wondering where we are? And that place is the waiting room of a hospital.

" He's gonna be ok" is the first thing I hear after being brought back to reality. " I just can't believe I didn't know that this was happening" is all I could say to Adam before I started to cry into my hands. " It's gonna be ok" says Adam patting me on my bad. " Why are you being nice to me... after what I did to you in Illinois... How could you forgive me?" I ask him knowing that what I did to him was wrong. " Because if there's one thing that I learned from our sons its that everyone deserves a second chance" said Adam giving me a look telling me that he forgives me. " When can I meet your amazing soon?" I asked him not thinking before I said it? " He's gonna be here after school" Adam said crying to calm me down. " Ok" is all I could say before I looked back down at the ground.