X: A New Life Begins

Tom had taken them both back to their apartment as fast as he could apparate across multiple spots; to make sure they got out of there before others realized exactly what had been said and began to protest their departure and leaving once more. Harry was exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally from it all. His complexion was still paler than it normally was and he continued to sleep even as Tom apparated.

That was proof of how worn his mate was; seeing as apparition was not the most pleasant of sensations, and doing it multiple times back-to-back was definitely not.

Once they had returned; Tom merely motioned to Flora and shook his head at her. The elf knowing that Master Tom wanted to be alone right now with Master Harry, to ensure he was alright. Tom then walked upstairs; gently laid Harry down to their bed momentarily as he went to run the bath and undress before returning and cautiously lifted him after he used magic to undress Harry as well.

Then he took them to the bath and carefully lowered them to it; watching as Harry mumbled and stirred then to the feel of the warm water. Tom smiled softly as his red eyes were extremely gentle then.

"You're awake." He spoke softly, "I'm glad. Today was a shock to our systems; you passed out from the emotional drain and heaviness we experienced."

Harry groaned softly as he then leaned to him and used his face to nuzzle Tom's broad torso as emerald green eyes looked to him and sparkled as he smiled, "We're finally free..." He whispered to his skin, "I am finally free..." He cried softly

Tom's expression greatly softened to this, "Yes. You are finally free to live your life, treasure. As am I. I am no longer being called to be a war-lord. I am not anymore bound by the pains of a broken mind."

Tom cradled his face and forced Harry to look at him; the tenderness mixed with the intensity of the scarlet eyes was so open and genuine. Tom leaned down a little to kiss him softly as he felt Harry melt to it against him and respond back.

"My life is my own again..." He whispered in affection to Harry, "It is mine again because of you, my treasure. Your blood I stole helped me to become me again...that is why I changed back. You, Harry, are my soul and my greatest treasure in this life."

"Tom..." Harry spoke in a fond whisper as his eyes glimmered with happy tears, "I will never be able to have another other than you, Tom. You also are a part of me that will never be replaceable. You were already a part of me and my life before we knew of the soul-bond; as my rival and someone I had to fight.

As odd as this is; in some ways, I respected you for what you were trying to achieve, and having to fight for so long against you...it was something that became normal to me; a stability of sorts."

Harry smiled as leaned to him, "Don't ever leave." He mumbled

Tom curled him to his body and hugged it, "Never." He promised him

Harry then made a pouting face, "Well, fainting earlier ruined me giving you the surprise I had planned."

Tom smiled softly, "It's alright. After everything; neither of us were really in the right state of mind for any more surprises...no matter what kind. And now, we have an eternity to live together as we want, my Harry. We are able to do whatever we want together; and no one can force us back to a life without the other or one where we have to fight against each other."

Harry hummed and his eyes distanced some, "Tom...I have been thinking."

Tom smirked, "Dangerous activity for you, my dear. And pray tell; what does my treasure have in his mind so that has occupied his thoughts?"

Harry quirked his lips before his eyes dimmed some, "I know my education is important, and I do want to finish it...but;" He paused, "I don't want to immediately. I want to take some time to travel...with you." He said softly as his green eyes showed hope then