"Look, Draco is fine. Ready to get into more trouble," she said gently, nodding her head towards Draco, who playfully flexed his biceps, despite his evident struggle.

Narcissa forced a reluctant laugh but then burst into tears and embraced Cassie tightly. Cassie returned the hug, doing everything she could to comfort the older woman.

"If it eases your mind a bit, I broke Harry's nose," she whispered softly into Narcissa's ear.

"Nice punch, by the way," Draco chimed in, his eyes slowly closing.

"Sleep, dear. You need to rest," Narcissa said softly, walking over to him and caressing his cheek. It didn't take long for Draco to close his eyes, too exhausted to fight against sleep.

Cassie walked the corridors alongside Narcissa. She would have to return to the mansion, but both were walking unusually slowly, savoring every moment. Their pinky fingers brushed gently, intertwined as they walked.

"We've made significant progress so far," Cassi whispered softly, but then decided to use the spell she had learned from Snape, 'muffliato,' just as a precaution in case anyone was nearby.

"Darling..." Narcissa visibly shuddered. "All this mess... I'm trying to find ways out, solutions," she said quickly.

"Is that what you've been doing in that room?" Cassie asked.

Narcissa didn't answer. Whatever she was plotting, she apparently couldn't risk speaking aloud.

"With Draco in the hospital wing... I'll try on my own," Cassi sighed, and Narcissa's eyes widened.

"No..."

"Don't worry, we have a plan," Cassi reassured her as the older woman gripped her shoulders in panic.

"I..."

"You never wanted any of this," Cassiopeia finished for her. "I know. Neither of us did," she sighed, pressing their foreheads together. "But if we don't..."

Narcissa sobbed, and Cassie felt the older woman gently cup her cheek before their lips met. A kiss filled with tenderness, sorrow, and longing. Without worrying that they might get caught.

"My love... I have to go," Narcissa lamented as she reluctantly pulled away.

"I know. It's okay," Cassi smiled gently as she used her thumb to fix the older woman's lipstick.

"Good luck," Narcissa whispered softly, her voice heavy with sadness before giving one last chaste kiss to her lips and walking away down the corridors.

(...)

A few days later, in the Room of Requirement, Cassie found a potion book. At first, she thought it was just another lost object. Until she opened it and realized it was filled with detailed notes from start to finish.

'Half-blood Prince,' it said on the first page.

"I'm keeping you with me," Cassie murmured to herself as she tucked the book inside her cloak.

(...)

It was the following week, with Draco now recovered, when they used the last bird.

It returned alive, it worked. The cabinet was fixed.

Draco couldn't contain his joy, and neither did Cassi when he lifted her in the air and spun her in his arms.

"We did it, Fox! We did it!" Draco laughed with relief before they embraced.

They were both so absorbed that they didn't hear the secret room's door open.

"Who's there?" Professor Trelawney's voice called, and Draco fell silent abruptly.