Chapter 27: The imminent fight

Start from the beginning

Luminous Valentine did mention Rimuru could be having full knowledge of her identity as the God of Luminism,including his friendly behavior to co-exist with the humans doesn't display him as a warmonger or an evil one.

However,she is still quite worried.

Would the new demon lord seek revenge at her previous actions that passively caused all the temporal damage and loss of his people? Although Luminous tried to convince her that this is not very likely to happen,she understood that what she had done was an insult to the ruler.

The most disturbing part is that two true dragons,the god and the storm,openly supported him,well at least many know that fact now,not a secret. And the potential true power of Rimuru truly worried her.

But she couldn't do much about it,what she can do is to manage and calm the thoughts of those under her and prevent any kinds of stupidly ruthless actions.

That's her last thought as she entered a room to participate in a meeting,that's her chance to observe what the others felt.

—----------------------------------------------

Rimuru's POV:

"Alright!" I said as I looked at everyone that now sat in the room. "Shall we begin?"

"Yes,Rimuru-sama." Benimaru said. "I will do my part first" while starting to report all the current news and matters.

"First off,after the battle against the forces of Clayman's army,we have gained a new ally. Adalman,the former wight king of the undead is very willingly to join us.I believe Rimuru-sama has already heard of it before and agreed,but I will still state it here."

Ah,that skeleton. He and his undead are quite interesting,however obviously due to their weakness to sunlight now,I had already rearranged them to stay in the Labyrinth first.

"Wait,Benimaru. Is Hakurou still staying at Clayman's former palace to clean things up?"

"Yes,I believe so."

Man,poor guy. I will make sure to reward him after he comes back. Investigating and cleaning up the mess after the battle.

"Second." Benimaru coughed a bit as he continued. "The 3 Beastmen and some of the Eurazania citizens would be having a temporary stay here at Tempest as they wait for their homes to be repaired."

"We have enough spaces and leftover housings for them." Geld spoke out. "So it wouldn't be a big problem."

"And the prisoners from Clayman's army. Geld,how are matters going on your side?"

"Good. They will be working to rebuild the Beast kingdom." Geld replied to Benimaru. "Right,I forgot to mention. I don't think we need to worry about them revolting against us as I think that they are quite satisfied by their current treatment."

"Haha,that is for sure. I did introduce myself briefly to them,didn't I?" Benimaru chuckled while Geld simply sweated silently.

I get that. He did burn Charybdis into crisps,so even someone that's stupid wouldn't dare challenge him or do anything out of their minds easily.

"That's all that I want to report officially,anything you got to report,Diablo? Falmuth matters?"

"I do." Diablo said and in his hand held a small case which he put on the table and opened it,revealing it to be the stellar gold coins within the part of the Falmuth peace treaty.

"Oh my,I've heard of how high quality they are,but to see it in person amazes me of the levels of craftsmanship possible by humans.." Rain mumbled as she inspected a coin carefully.

"And there's fifteen hundred of them in this case." Diablo added,causing many within this room to be utterly shocked.

"Fifteen hundred?!" Gabiru and Shion shouted.

"Impressive..." Benimaru said,slightly taken aback.

"Heh,hahahahahaha!"

Meanwhile,Velda walked up and looked carefully at the coins bursted into laughter after a few seconds of hesitation,causing others to look at him.

"Pretty good for mortal levels,but they are still leagues behind the treasures within my possession." He smirked as he patted my shoulders. "I thought you would be a little bit surprised at the least,my friend."

"Not really if you say,I've seen much more than just these." I replied as I remembered that I had once burned an ancient empire's treasury into atoms long ago. "And I can say they did not end up well."

"Ah,the empire of Rominus? The time where you destroyed their treasuries as the punishment for their tyranny?"

"Yes. This amount of stellar gold coins in their standards would be just a portion of their treasures,I still didn't hesitate though."