Chapter 5

The year is 2019, October 23, a cool fall day. The day before the annual middle school dance.

(In the Noceda household).

"Luz, come here for a moment, if you will?" Camilla called out to her.

Luz quickly runs from her room and runs to the living room to find her mother, looking at some papers.

"You called? And what's with those papers?" Luz asks, with confusion.

"I need you to head into the attic for me and bring the box that's labeled important papers for me, before we leave for the store, ok?"

Luz nods and runs down the hall, with her mother calling out to her. "Hija, no running in the house, please".

As Luz is in the attic, Hunter runs down the hallway into the living room. "Mom".

Camilla stopped what she was doing and looked at Hunter. "What is it sweetie?".

"Are we all still going to the store to look for something for the dance" he asked.

Camilla nods and picks up another paper to read. "We will after I finish with this, go get your sisters and brother".

Hunter nodded and ran off again, knocking on Vee's door first. "Vee, come out".

Vee opens her door and smirks at Hunter. "Which come out are we talking about".

Hunter face palmed himself. "Vee I'm talking about coming out of your room".

Vee giggles. "Oh, then be very specific next time".

"Oh don't worry, I will, and tell Leo to stop putting his dirty socks on my bed" he says as he walks away from Vee to get the rest.

"It's not my fault that he does that, talk to him yourself, you're the one sharing a room with him"

(With Lucia)

She sits on her chair trying to write a note, when someone knocks on her door. She sighs before walking over to the door and opens it slowly. She looks down to see Hunter looking up at her. "What?"

"We are all going to the store"

"And? I don't see why I have to go"

"It's for the dance"

Lucia rolls her eyes. "Fine, just go now before I decide to not be nice"

Hunter nods and walks back to the living room. I regret pushing her down those stairs years ago, hopefully one day she can forgive me for my mistake. Hunter thinks to himself as he walks back to the living room.

Lucia sighs before closing her door, she then walks back to her desk and continues to write her note.

Maybe I shouldn't do this, what if my mom finds out somehow and forbids me to see her ever again? Lucia thinks as she continues to write the note.

But, I really want to write her a note, she's so awesome and I got very lucky to have her, I want to thank her somehow for how much she's helped me, and has been there for me for everything.

After a minute, she finished writing the note. She reads over it a few times to make sure it's good enough.

Her mother walks in and she does not notice. "What are you reading, sweetie?".

Lucia jumped from her mothers sudden arrival. "Mami! And it's nothing" Lucia says as she tries to hide the note from her note.

"Lucia, you can tell me anything, I'm not your grandmother" her mother said trying to reassure her.