Ch. 29| To The Land of Waves We Go!

Start from the beginning

'What am I gonna do?! She'll probably hate me for the rest of the week, if not the month!! And what if that coal gets her sick!!!! She'll never want to hang out with me again!! Stupid kids...' Ino continued sulking, even as their sensei finally returned. Where he had gone, nobody had been sure, though, the popular theory was the Hokage's Office or Mission Assignment.

"Alright everyone, time to wrap this mission up. The monkeys go in these," Asuma held up four soft animal carriers. He tossed one to Choji and Shikamaru each, the former catching it and the latter being scared by it.

The man then set the last one next to Ino and patted her head. "I'm sure everything with (Y/N) will work itself out. Trust me."

Ino didn't reply, but carefully placed her monkey in the carrier. Choji did the same by successfully luring his monkey with a potato chip, and Asuma's monkey was already in a carrier. Shikamaru on the other hand was experiencing some resistance.

"Hey, get in your cage!" The pineapple did his best to get the monkey in, but to no avail as it crawled around him.

Choji quickly went to his side, "Here, let me try."

The monkey, as if it had been planning this, jumped directly at Choji's face, causing him to fall back. The chase began as the monkey took off in a surprisingly fast sprint, going in circles to trip everyone up. "Oi!" "Calm down- damn it-" "Watch it!-"

Ino and Asuma were in the chase too now after the monkey had crawled around them. Everyone stumbled after it as it got closer to the nearby, chainlink fence.

"Get back here! It's not safe in there!!" Ino called out while just barely brushing against the monkeys tail.

The monkey managed to land on top of the barbwire on the fence, without actually hitting any of the barbs. It quickly stuck its tongue out before jumping into a literal minefield. 'Why do we even have a minefield?!?!'

You clicked your tongue, holding the monkey up by its loose fat (like you would a dog or cat). "Where do you think you're going?"

Ino looked to you with wide eyes as you appeared to the side. You stood a bit higher, with your feet securely in two gaps of the fence. Asuma sighed in relief, along with Shikamaru. The boy brought his carrier to you and you placed the monkey inside. "Thanks (Y/N)." You nodded and shared a smile with Shikamaru.

The gaze from a certain blonde hadn't left you yet, as heat steadily rose to her face. 'Why did (Y/N) look so cool just now??? ...Oh! Am I getting sick? My face feels warm..'

"Good work, (Y/N)!" Asuma grinned. He patted you on the back, unbothered by the soot that got on his hand. "Now that the mission's over, you can go get cleaned up. Don't take too long. Meet us at Mission Assignment when you're done."

'Oh thank fucking God. It's about time...'

"Do you need- any help..." Ino started before you bolted away from your team. She frowned, hugging her monkey in the carrier close to her. 'I swear I'll make this up to you (Y/N). You won't have to save me anymore!'

~

"Excuse me?! Da- Sir! All due respect, but she's my student!" Asuma ground his teeth, pulling at the cigarette in his mouth.