Ch. 28| Just the Genin Life

TW: Swearing; Second Person; People Who Need a Refresher on What Personal Space Is
——————

"Asuma-sensei? Can I help you?" You leaned against the door to your apartment. A head of blonde hair peaked out from behind you, and a head of black hair behind that.

The man glanced to your side and waved slightly to the people behind you. "We have our first mission today and I'm picking everyone up of course. Shikamaru still needed some time to get ready, so you were next."

"Let me get my equipment!" You rushed away. This left Zaku and Naruto behind. The boys stared at your sensei while he awkwardly looked around.

Zaku, who had a later mission, was currently eating a bowl of cereal. He brought a spoonful of the sugary substance to his mouth from the bowl in his hands, not taking his eyes off the older man. Naruto crossed his arms over his chest, still in his pajamas. "So you're (Y/N)'s sensei?"

Asuma nodded, sweat dipping down his neck while Naruto scrutinized him. He chuckled to ease the tension, but to no avail. The boys were pretty salty you weren't on their teams. You reappeared, prepared to leave, and said your goodbyes.

"Who's next?" You asked walking beside your sensei as he read a map. You were energized right now after eating what had to be the most sugary cereal this world could offer and wanted to get started. Walking like normal people on a normal person road did nothing for your energy levels.

"Well, looks like Ino's place is the closest. I suspect she might be at work right now though, so let's check there first," Asuma folded up the map and placed it in a pocket of his flank jacket. He retrieved a cigarette and lighter from the same pocket.

"Work?" you inquired, feeling out of the loop. 'Ino has a job...? I must've forgot since she was never really one of my favorites... she seems nice in person...'

Asuma looked at you for a moment before chuckling, "Right, I forgot you were still relatively new to the village. Ino's parents run a flower shop and she helps them out."

'Flowers huh..'

~

"Ino! You here?!" your sensei called out. The man scratched the back of his in confusion. The sign out front clearly said open and the front door was unlocked, yet no one was around.

You wandered a bit away, admiring the flowers and other various plants. They were very beautiful and it was clear to you that they were being well taken care of. 'Naruto likes plants... right?... he does have a bunch in his apartment... I swear he takes better care of those than he does himself... maybe I should come back later and buy him another as a gift...'

You walked about some more, hearing a faint one minute that was directed at your sensei's words. The further you went, the more normal looking plants you found instead of flowers. 'I wonder if any of these plants could help with Kimi's cough... I should do some more research at the library...'

"Asuma-sensei! Have you come to pick up some more flowers?" Ino popped out from the back of the store. She wiped some dirt from her hands onto a yellow apron she was wearing.

'More flowers aye? ...So sensei's got a love life?~ Wonder who it is.' You wiggled a brow at the man while continuing to admire the plants.