Ch. 28| Just the Genin Life

Start from the beginning

Asuma laughed nervously into his hand, rubbing his nape, "ah, no, I'll be in some other time for those.. (Y/N) and I were rounding everyone up so we could start missions today."

"(Y/N)??"

Ino looked around for a moment a moment before spotting you farther away. You gave a small wave, "'Morning."

She smiled brightly back, "Good morning, (Y/N)! -Let me go tell my mom and I'll be ready to go."

~

After picking up Ino, your little group headed towards the Akimichi household to pick up one Choji Akimichi. When you three arrived you were only greeted by a thiccc, tanned woman who claimed to be his mother. She said that his friend already got him, before rushing back to whatever she had been doing.

Asuma placed a hand under his chin as you three walked away from the house. "Shikamaru must've picked him up. That was surprisingly fast of him..." 'His mom must've gotten to him...' The man surly laughed to himself.

"But where'd they go sensei?" Ino furrowed her eyebrows together while following your sensei.

"Probably to where our first mission is, I assume," the man smirked. "I let Shikamaru know where we were going. Let's pick up the pace so we don't keep 'em waiting!"

~~~

'Genin jobs aren't that different from the odd jobs I take- except for being official-' You thought to yourself as you and your team finished up your current mission. 'I wonder how much more money I'll be making... I should really take the time to calculate all of that-'

You sighed, using your arm to get the sweat off your face. "Last one! 2 minutes till plating!!"

"2 minutes! Got it! Ready to plate!" Ino called back after finishing with some salads.

Currently, you team had been tasked with helping a pub/restaurant. According to the owner, the entire morning staff called in sick, forcing her to request help. This place wasn't anything fancy or popular, so child Genin were qualified for the job.

However, only you, Ino, and Asuma, really knew how to cook the offered dishes, so the other boys were left to serve customers. Now Choji and Shikamaru were stuck wearing blouses and waistcoats way too big for them. They honestly looked kind of cute, but when you told them that they ran away.

You sighed in relief as you passed Ino the last batch of pancakes. You were finally done with the lunch rush and got to take a break. The owner notified you all, too, if no spare employees showed up soon, she would just close until her night staff showed. You were thankful for that, since you didn't want to deal with people when they started giving out alcohol at night.

"Great work you two! I'll finish cleaning in here. You both go take your break with the boys." Asuma yelled from his spot at the dish station.

"Finally," Ino groaned and you nodded in agreement. You both peeled your aprons off before going out the dinning area where the boys were.

You and Ino plopped yourselves at a corner booth where Shikamaru already laid, asleep. You shook your head fondly and scanned the room for Choji. You watched as he delivered the last plate to a kind looking man seated at the bar. The boy quickly headed to your group, but you had become fixated on something.