Restoring the Heart

...

Third Person P.O.V

The couple sail across the great ocean once more, the wind aiding them as they travel at a greater speed.

The sun was rising in the horizon, (Y/N) and Ari both fully awake as they look ahead. He squints against the light for a moment, angling the oar so the boat steers to the right.

...

Ash starts to rain from the sky, (Y/N) looking up at it with narrowed eyes as the sky begins to darken, the island of Te Fiti in the distance.

"Te Ka can't follow us into the water," Ari says as he rises, fixing his half-up ponytail.

"We just have to make it past the barrier it stays on," (Y/N) nods, taking in a deep breath as she undoes the ropes. "And we'll make it to Te Fiti."

Ari picks up Hei Hei, setting him in the basket in the under compartment. "None of which he understands. Because he is a chicken."

"... Rooster," (Y/N) corrects again, Ari playfully glaring up at her as he shuts the compartment.

He exhales heavily, grabbing the rope and looking ahead as Te Ka rises, roaring as it grips the barriers.

(Y/N) and Ari look up at it with narrowed eyes, Te Ka roaring as it raises its hand.

"Brace!" Ari shouts, (Y/N) nodding and holding the mast as he rushes forward and leaps onto the front of the boat.

It quickly rotates out of Te Ka's path, Ari grunting as the boat tilts. (Y/N) and him race to the side, each grabbing a rope and balancing on the side while pulling the rope.

Te Ka swings its hand down, smacking the water with a screech of pain.

Ari smirks at the demon, the two jumping back onto the boat as it steadies once more.

Te Ka looks at its hand with a glare, fire enveloping and healing it before it chases after them on the barrier.

Ari looks back at Te Ka, (Y/N) looking around before gasping with a point. "There!"

Te Ka hurls a fireball, striking the water and causing the boat to glide over a wave as (Y/N) stumbles and quickly lowers herself to steady.

Smoke envelopes the area, Te Ka snarling as it looks down where the boat was. It squints, mistaking a sharp rock for the sail before it notices the boat sailing the other way.

Ari looks back with a grin and narrowed eyes, (Y/N) waving.

Te Ka gasps in surprise, roaring as it tries to quickly follow.

(Y/N) quickly opens the sail fully, Ari pulling the rope back to steady it as the boat sails at great speed.

Te Ka forms another fireball, Ari grunting as he turns the boat into the narrow opening. Te Ka roars and throws the fireball, striking the mountain above them.

"Ari!" (Y/N) gasps, making him look up with wide eyes as he tries to steer out of the way.

He jerks and falls onto his hands, the heart popping out of his necklace.

"No!"

(Y/N) rushes after it, staggering and nearly falling off as she reaches for it, when Hei Hei suddenly grabs it.

"Hei Hei!" Ari gasps, pushing himself up.

"No, no," (Y/N) says in a scolding, warning tone as Hei Hei blankly looks at her.

He waddles over to her, plopping the heart in her hand as she sighs in relief.

"Nicely done!" She laughs, handing it to Ari.