Te Ka

...

Third Person P.O.V

The boat sails into the wall of fog, Maui perched on top of the mast and keeping a lookout.

(Y/N) slept peacefully leaning against the mast, her knees tucked close to her and her arm resting on it.

Maui looks down at Ari with a small smirk, the boy watching (Y/N) with a gentle smile as he checks the current.

Ari continues watching (Y/N) for a moment before noticing Maui, making him raise a brow.

"What?"

"I've figured it out." Maui simply replies in a quiet voice, swinging himself down and landing silently. "You are totally in love with her."

"Wh--?!" Ari starts shouting, quickly slapping a hand on his mouth and lowering his voice to a whisper. "What?!"

"Oh, come on, kid." Maui shrugs, adjusting a rope with his smirk still on his face. "You've literally been protecting her and watching her this whole trip. Not to mention all those compliments... I don't think the ocean would've chosen her because she's 'beautiful'," he teases. "Even if she is."

Ari's eyes narrow as Maui peeks back, snickering in amusement.

"And you get jealous over her!" He laughs softly, shaking his head as Ari remains silent. "You shouldn't keep it a secret forever, Ari. You just gotta go for it."

Ari sighs softly, rubbing the back of his neck as he steers the boat back on course. "What if she doesn't feel the same way? I'd lose my best friend."

"I don't think she's the type to ditch you like that," Maui disagrees, walking over to the front of the ship and looking around the fog. "All I'm saying is, the ocean chose you together, right? That's gotta mean somethin'."

Maui looks back, Ari pausing as he considers his words before looking back at (Y/N).

She starts to stir as the boat sways more, making Ari quickly adjust the sail as she wakes up.

"Sorry," (Y/N) quickly apologizes as she yawns. "I can't believe I fell asleep. Again."

"Nah, it's all right girly." Maui shrugs, patting her head as he walks past her.

She smiles as she stretches, the three in a comfortable silence for a few moments before Maui speaks.

"You know, the ocean used to love when I pulled up islands..." He starts, pointing to the tattoo of his mini self lifting up islands. "Cause your ancestors would sail her seas to find 'em. All those new lands, new villages... It was the water that connected them all."

Maui looks around, smiling as he looks back at the two. "And if I was the ocean, I think I'd be looking for a curly-haired non-prince and his partner to start that again."

(Y/N) blinks rapidly before a grin spreads on her face, "aw, thanks Maui."

"That's literally one of the nicest things you've said to us," Ari jokes, chuckling. "Probably should have saved it for Te Fiti."

Maui smirks, (Y/N) rising and looking out into the fog.

"I did."

"Ari!" She gasps with wide eyes, smiling as Maui gestures to the ocean.

The fog clears, revealing an island in the distance.

"Ari and (Y/N) of Motunui, I believe you two have officially delivered Maui across the great sea!" Maui announces dramatically, whispering after and pretending to cheer. "Ari! (Y/N)! Ari! (Y/N)!"