Duties

Third Person P.O.V

Pua scoots a bowl under a leak, the water now falling into it and collecting.

"... And every storm, this roof leaks! No matter how many fronds I add," the man sighs, Tui and Sinna listening.

"That should do it!" (Y/N) says from above, causing the group to look up.

Ari nods, swinging himself down lower before landing on the floor, "it wasn't the fonds."

(Y/N) follows down on a safer route, hanging for a second before dropping next to Ari and dusting her hands.

"(Y/N) was right, the wind shifted the post," Ari explains, Tui looking at her with a greatful smile as she bows her head back.

"Ah!" The man nods, looking up at his roof as Ari takes one of the pork pieces from the bowl he was holding.

"That's good pork!" Ari's mumbled voice says in appreciation, (Y/N) glancing down and elbowing his arm lightly.

"What?"

Pua squeals sadly, Ari gasping and looking down at his friend with wide eyes as Pua pouts and looks up at him.

"Oh..." He breathes out.

"Ari! How dare you," (Y/N) teasingly questions in a dramatic voice, scooping Pua up as he hides in her neck.

"I didn't mean... I wasn't..." Ari nervously stammers, clearing his throat. "Uh... They're calling me... So I gotta... Bye!"

He takes off running, Sinna chuckling after her son and Tui shaking hands with the man.

"Thank you for your help, (Y/N). Your father has taught you well," Tui thanks as they exit, (Y/N) adjusting Pua in her arms.

"Of course, I'm always happy to help Ari." (Y/N) responds with a light shrug, Sinna and Tui sharing a sly look.

(Y/N) notices, looking back with a raised brow before nervously smiling, "u-uh... I gotta... You know it's because he's my friend."

"Mhm," Sinna hums, smiling in amusement as the girl's face flushes.

"And I like to help my friends."

"We understand completely," Tui plays along, nodding understandingly.

Sinna giggles, (Y/N) looking between them with slight embarrassment. "You know... (M/N) and I talk--"

"I'm leaving now! Bye! I'll be around!" (Y/N) suddenly yells, quickly turning around and bolting away with Pua as he squeals.

Tui wraps his arm around Sinna, the two laughing after the flustered girl.

...

"Ow, ow, ow!" A man shrieks, multiple men getting tattoos.

"You're doing great," Ari tries to soothe, patting his shoulder lightly as the man slams his fist on the ground in pain.

"Is it done yet?"

Ari takes a peek, only a small diamond looking back at him as the man continues to work, the other screaming in pain.

"... So close," Ari sympathetically reassures, his hand going to his own tattoo he had done on his shoulder.

He smiles slightly when he remembers (Y/N) holding his hand the entire time when he asked, him maybe faking some pain for her to rub it soothingly occasionally.

Ari clears his throat, shaking his head before jumping as the man lets out another shriek of pain.

...