Chapter 19: Redeeming

Começar do início

Since she was kept everything together after the few months she was a runaway, she couldn't show her weaknesses to anyone.

Not to Ijekiel and not to Jennette.

Only to Lucas whom she was closed with and Diana, her mother's reincarnation.

But now, the jar she kept all those feelings, fully broke out.

"But...After remembering the small pieces when she was with you, even her most painful memories...She felt like it was her fault that you used black magic...even more you confronted her...How could you do that to Mama? She thought that you hated her..." Athanasia cried out which Claude was stunned by her words and how Diana felt by seeing his condition.

"I can be mad at you for what you did to Athy but I can't blame you for that...But I guess it's kind of my fault too"

Claude recalled her words and he knew that was deeper meaning behind them.

Even that expression he saw when he confronted her.

She looked lot in pain by seeing him like this.

"Papa, I hate you!!!!" Athanasia cried out as the cold-hearted Emperor felt his world again tremble again as realizing what he almost became.

His damn father, the same man who neglected him and also, his mother felt he resented her for naming him a name without meaning immortality.

The man he swore never wanted to be like him.

Now, he knew that he hurt Athanasia and got Diana to think that he hated her.

"I... I'm sorry, Athanasia..."

He spoke as shedding a tear of remorse while Athanasia looks at him with tears running down from her face

"And?!"-Athanasia

"For hurting you...Trying to kill you...and for how I made your mother to think I hated her... I'm sorry, Athanasia" Claude apologized again which Athanasia cried more.

They finally did it.

They finally let out their feelings and knowing that they loved each other.

I mean they were both hurt by their respective parents and abandoned in the progress as shielding themselves from getting hurt again.

It was that circle of the bad parent and neglected child they suffered.

But they managed to break it.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Athanasia... I'm sorry for everything"

 I'm sorry for everything"