I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night

Start from the beginning

"Do you doubt my integrity, Mr. Moody?"

"No."

"Good."

"I need you to go down to the cell block and give him a silencing charm."

"Why don't you do it?"

"Your prisoner. Policy."

"Bloody hell. And if I wasn't here? If I'd gone home, I suppose you'd be knocking on my door to get me to come back and silence the kid?" Underhill rolled his eyes and dropped his quill.

Moody stared at him, his face twitching with amusement at having gotten a rise out of the stoic Underhill.

Underhill followed Moody through the ATC to the main Atrium where they crossed and descended into the Department of Magical Law Enforcement's cell block. Moody left Underhill at the top of the stairs and stumped off to his office down the hallway and Underhill watched him go. It was common knowledge 'round the Ministry that Moody limited his trips into the cell block, ever since he'd lost his leg down there.

Underhill shook his head and started down.

The moment he was through the doors he could hear Sirius already. He wasn't just singing, he was screaming, bellowing lyrics in a tuneless, obnoxious tone that would've driven anyone mad.

"I WANNA ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT AND PARTY EVERYDAY I WANNA ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT AND PARTY EVERYDAY I WANNA ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT AND PARTY EVERYYY DAAAY!"

When Underhill reached the bottom of the stairs, the auror on duty stood up. "Evening Mr Underhill!" he shouted over the sound of Sirius Black's so-called singing.

"You're excused, Mr. Tavish, off you go."

No hesitation. The auror gathered his stuff and made a rush for it. The door at the top of the stairwell out of the block slammed and Underhill went over and grabbed the chair Tavish had been in, picking it up and carried it over to the cell door, sitting so he was facing Sirius, who was pacing about in the cell, arms flailing about as he screamed the lyrics, ignoring Mr. Underhill completely

Underhill plucked the chair up from where it had been abandoned and carried it over to the cell door, dropping it down and settling himself onto it. 

Sirius was pacing against the back wall and paused to look suspiciously at Underhill, not sure what to make of this new development. 

Underhill reached into his pocket. "James mentioned once that you're a smoker," he said and he held out his hands. "I figured you wouldn't mind me going through your personal effects box to get these for you." 

He tossed the pack of cigarettes and the silver lighter from Sirius's leather jacket pocket onto the floor by Sirius's feet. 

Suspicious, Sirius slowly bent and picked them up. 

"I imagine you're probably really withdrawing about now, huh?" Underhill asked.

Sirius held them tight in his hands. He stared at Underhill and nodded, plucking a cigarette from the pack and lighting it up, never looking away from the enigmatic man facing him.

"Look," Underhill said, "You're really annoying, like, every single auror in this entire department, man." 

Sirius looked up, cigarette hanging from his lips. 

"Yeah?" he asked, smirking.

"Yes," Underhill answered, "And I'm going to need you to cut it out."

"I thought it was a fringe benefit of being stuck in here," Sirius said, "You said it like it was." He blew smoke out of his nose, staring at Underhill.