Chase Volsung

Remus was so excited as he went home that afternoon, carrying his briefcase on his lap, he read through pamphlets about the other classes that the muggle college offered. The bus stopped and started and he held onto the rail to balance, reading about science and maths classes required to begin track as a teacher.

Would Fallengunder even require a degree from someplace as fancy as the Uni? What had Lula called it? A Russell Group college? Fallengunder was for muggles that had been turned and other "non magical yet not quite muggle persons" - the non magical beasts, as the Ministry called them. And Ms. Leonard herself had said the muggle college was less strict about attendances. He could switch, he could, couldn't he? And all the troubles that were weighing him down would be done for.

Plus, he was already fitting in at muggle college! He had made friends already there - really nice friends, too! It felt amazing to fit in like that, like he'd done the first day at Hogwarts when he met the lads.

Remus was so excited to tell Sirius about his day, and to bring Sirius to see the school and hopefully meet Stewie and Lula, he just knew Sirius would think they were both super cool, and he was already preparing arguments why Sirius did not need to get any eyebrow piercings because it would surely come up the moment he laid eyes on Lula.

The bus let him off at the corner of the street by the park across the road, and Remus slid the pamphlet into his pocket and carried his briefcase off the bus and onto the sidewalk, moving across the crosswalk humming to himself. He was nearly level with the curry shop when Sirius came running out of what seemed like no where, looping his arm through Remus's and pulled him back the other way.

"Moonshine! Hullo darling!" Sirius's voice lilted upward.

"Well this is quite the greeting," Remus commented with a chuckle. "You're home from work early."

"Yes I am." Sirius nodded. They were in the park already, and Sirius glanced over his shoulder. "You know what I've been thinking, Moony?"

"What's that?"

"We haven't been camping in AGES," Sirius said, "And the full moon is tomorrow night, yeah? I thought to myself, we ought to go out to the woods tonight! This very evening!"

Remus shook his head, "Tonight? Sirius, no not tonight. I'm so tired..." He looped about and turned to go back toward the flat. "I've had a long day. Let me tell you all about what happened today, though, you'll be so excited to hear --"

"We have to go tonight."

"We have to?"

"Yes." Sirius nodded, "I've already made plans. Already packed us a tent and your clothes and all. I've got the record player. I've even remembered some of your books."

"Sirius, I'm just really not up for it tonight. You know how the moon affects me anyway, but on top of it I've had a long day anyway... I was on my feet a lot of it, and - besides, don't you work tomorrow?"

"C'mon I told you, I already made the plans! There's nothing to think on for it, Remus, you're overthinking!" Sirius looped Remus back around away from the flat again. "We'll disapparate to Prongs's and we'll head out to the Howling House and find a lovely spot in the forest we've magicked up in there. I'm just itching to explore in there on a night that's not all wolfy and all, aren't you? It'll be brilliant, we'll set a campfire and maybe Prongs will come along and - hell, I bet even Lily would be keen on joining us! When's the last time we had Lilith along for a fun night like that, 'ey?" Sirius grinned, "Not going to have a load more of those before the Prongslet is on his way, right?"

Remus sighed, "I guess."

"Oh stop guessing and start getting excited! An adventure! It'll be grand." Sirius wrapped his arm about Remus' shoulders and kept him walking forward briskly, even as Remus tried to slow down for his knee's sake.