Spy- Mantic ♡ Chapter Thirteen

I honestly completely forgot there was a time jump. I'm re-reading this story and do not remember any of it lol. 

 2 years later

It was a beautiful day in New York City, New York. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the same annoying food truck sat right in front of the flower shop where I was currently working.

"Sir, sir!" I trudged over to the window of the food truck in my favorite pair of pink heels.

"You again?" He rolled his eyes upon seeing me.

"Yes, me again. I really need you to move your truck! It's blocking the sunlight from my flowers, which have to stay pretty for the passing people, and customers." I explained, hoping there was some kind of niceness inside him.

"Oh, well, in that case, no." He flashed a quick smirk, and returned to making his burgers.

"Please Mr. Ward." I begged.

"Sorry kid, but I was here first." He flipped one of his patties, and drizzled seasoning on some.

"What if I give you 30 bucks, and a free set of flowers for your wife?" He raised his eyebrow.

"30?" I nodded in reply.

"Fine, you have a deal!" I smiled as he began to pack his things, and gave him the 30 dollars.

"I'll be right out with your flowers." I hurried back into the flower shop, and began to pick out a bouquet for him.

"What are you doing with those, Ella?" Karolyn watched me as I gathered together the flowers.

"I had to bargain with Mr. Ward again." I shook my head as she laughed.

Karolyn was my business partner, and the owner of the flower shop. We've known each other since the last two years of high school, and decided to open up a flower shop instead of going to college.

"Run those out and get your butt back in here! We have a wedding to get ready for." She held up a request form for 100 sets of pink and white flower bouquets.

"Aye, aye captain!" I joked, stepping out of the store onto the porch.

"Mr. Ward, I have your flowers." I said, standing behind a male in line for some food. I held them up, behind the male's head.

"Hold on a sec Ella, let me get this kid his food." I nodded and looked around the street.

That's when the man looked back, but quickly turned away. I eyed him through the corner of my eye, and caught him look at me once again.

I know that face. It's a little older looking than I can remember, but I know who that man is.

It's the same man I ran into 2 years back. The same man who always complained about how much he hated me. The same man, who I've tried so hard to forget.

"Will?"

He turned around and glanced at me, but grabbed his food and left before anything else happened.

"Hey!" Mr. Ward said, "He forgot to pay!"

I was about to call after him, but decided it was best not too.

"Here, I'll pay for him." I took out my wallet, and handed him a 20 dollar bill, along with the flower bouquet.

"Are you alright?" He asked, looking at me worriedly.

"Yea." I replied, "I'm fine."

'I'm fine'

The biggest lie a woman could ever tell. I wasn't actually ok. I kind of miss Will, but I know he doesn't miss me, judging by the way he casually took off.

What was he doing in New York anyways? He lives back in Arizona, where I used to live, before I moved out. That's where the Agency is, anyways.

I walked back into the store with a depressing look on my face. Karolyn widened her eyes.

"My God, are you ok?" She asked, rising towards me, "This is the first time I've ever seen you look-"

"Sad?"

"We can go with that." She placed her hand on my forehead.

"Why don't you take the rest of the day off." She suggested.

"I can't do that, we have a wedding to prepare for." I started walking into the back room.

"Don't worry about it! I'll just call Lizzie in early today." She picked up her phone.

"No, it's ok. I'm fine." I forced a smile on to my face, and began to help out with the flowers. These were more important than my old feelings

***

"I know! It made no sense." Both of us laughed as we closed up the shop for the night. We were busy all day finishing these flowers for the wedding.

"Well, see you tomorrow." Karolyn waved as we parted ways, "Oh! Actually! Wait, Ella!" She ran after me.

"While you were running errands earlier, a man stopped by looking for you." She said, digging through her purse.

Was it Will? Could he possible have come looking for me?

"He did?" I asked, not sounding surprised at all. I knew Will would come to his senses.

"Yea! Since you weren't there, he left this envelope with this white rose. He told me to give it to you whenever you came back, but I must of forgot." She handed me a white envelope, and the white rose.

"Well, got to go." She waved and left me alone in the dark.

I wanted to open the letter now, but thought it would be best to wait till I got back to my apartment.

When I reached my apartment building, I bumped into a large man in a suit.

"Sor-" before i could finish, he hurried out of the area. That was weird.

Coming back to my senses, I rode the elevator to floor 8, and opened the door to Apartment 86.

After I put all my stuff away, I sat down on my couch with the letter Will had dropped off.

I opened it, and was shocked to realized it wasn't from who I thought it was from.

Ella Greene-

You may have thought you've seen the last of me, but you were wrong. I may have given up on the prince, but I still haven't given up on you. You see Ella, this is all one giant game. First, I had my turn, then, it was yours, but now- now it's mine again. And this time, I'm going to win.

I'm coming for you, Ella. All of you.

-Kenny

I dropped the letter, and felt my life freeze before me.

I forgot about Kenny, just like I partially forgot about Will.

But what does this mean? He's coming for us. Is this- a threat?

I knew there was only one person I could call. It doesn't matter if we haven't spoken in years, or purposely avoided each other anymore.

What matters, is that everyone ends up safe.

I grabbed my phone and dialed the number I still remember from 2 years ago- 906-748-1284.

He needs to pick up this time.

"Hello?" His voice came through the small screen.

"Will?" There was a long pause. I expected him to hang up, because he just ran away earlier.

"Ella? What's wrong?" A small smile appeared on my face. He knew something was wrong, and instead of leaving me hanging, he stepped up and answered me.

"Kenny." I answered.

"Stay put. Do not answer the door for anybody. I'll be there as fast as I possibly can." He sounded so sincere and protective. I remember when he used to sound like that all the time.

"But don't you need my address?" I asked. I heard a small chuckle over the phone.

"You really are an idiot." He joked, hanging up the phone, and leaving me confused.