I locked eyes with him and smiled condescendingly, "Oh! That's how it is? Well then OF COURSE Master Malfoy I'll do whatever you please."

It was honestly funny to see his reaction.

He was shocked and looked confused.

"Good then," he replied.

He thought I was being genuine...

"Sarcasm. That's what it's called. I don't mean what I said. It's meant to mock you." I say shocked that I needed to explain this.

He nodded, "Oh."

I saw the gears turn as he realised that I'd mocked him.

"Don't make me change my mind on whether you are worth my companionship." He said threateningly.

"You wouldn't dare. You need at least one smart friend and Crabbe and Goyle don't cut it." I say not breaking eye contact.

He looked like he was about to speak but was interrupted by another kid being sent to Slytherin.

I looked at him, "Hey, Welcome to Slytherin. What's your name?"

He looks at me and raises a brow, "Didn't you hear it when Professor McGonagall called it out?"

"Nope. Couldn't be bothered. Had some other issues to deal with." I said smiling innocently.

He nods and responds, "Blaise Zabini"

I nod, "Blaise then? or do you prefer Zabini?"

"Either. You choose."

I nod.

"Good seeing you again Zabini," said Malfoy.

They fall into conversation but I couldn't care less.

I looked forward only to see Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet.

He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.

"Welcome," he said.

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words.
And here they are:
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

"Thank you!"He sat back down.

Everybody clapped and cheered.

I stared at the man confusion written all over my face, "Is he okay in the head?"

Malfoy looked to me just as confused, "Father said he was...Though I always thought he was the genius kind of mad considering he's also one of the world's greatest wizards... Guess I was wrong...?"

I nod and look at the table.

My mouth fell open.

The dishes in front of me were now piled with food.

I had never seen so many delicious things all on one table: roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and, for some strange reason, peppermint humbugs. (When you're a vegetarian by religion who has no idea how half of this tastes like-)

Aurora had a cafeteria-like system where you had to collect your meal and eat at the tables there was never an arrangement like this where there was loads of food and you just picked what you wanted...

I took bits of everything wanting to taste it all. (In case of allergies and or voluntary food restrictions imagine it's the food you would enjoy)