"Brocklehurst, Mandy" went to Ravenclaw too, but "Brown, Lavender" became the first new Gryffindor, and the table on the far left exploded with cheers.

I, Harry and Ron watched as Ron's twin brothers began catcalling her.

"Bulstrode, Millicent" then became a Slytherin.

Slytherin's reaction was somewhat a combination of Gryffindor's and Ravenclaw's, where they all cheered like the Gryffindors but they did it in a formal way like the Ravenclaws.

"Finch-Fletchley, Justin!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

I noticed that sometimes the hat shouted out the house at once, but at others, it took a little while to decide.

"Finnigan, Seamus," the sandy-haired boy next to Harry in the line, sat on the stool for almost a whole minute before the hat declared him a Gryffindor.

"Granger, Hermione!"

In response to this Hermione almost ran from in front of me to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on her head.

"GRYFFINDOR!" shouted the hat.

Ron groaned.

At this, I laugh. It was absolutely hilarious how much he hated her even though she'd done nothing and was already getting on his nerves.

When Neville Longbottom, the boy who kept losing his toad, was called, he fell over on his way to the stool.

The hat took a long time to decide with Neville.

When it finally shouted, "GRYFFINDOR," Neville ran off still wearing it, and had to jog back amid gales of laughter to give it to "MacDougal, Morag."

Malfoy swaggered forward when his name was called and got his wish at once: the hat had barely touched his head when it screamed, "SLYTHERIN!"

Huh? He didn't seem like the kind to use any means but what did I know? I'd known him for less than a day so I could very well be wrong.

Malfoy went to join his friends Crabbe and Goyle, looking pleased with himself.

There weren't many people left now.

"Moon" "Nott" "Parkinson" then a pair of twin girls, "Patil" and "Patil" then "Perks, Sally-Anne" and then,

"Potter, Harry!"

As Harry stepped forward, whispers suddenly broke out like little hissing fires all over the hall.

"Potter, did she say?"

"The Harry Potter?"

Everyone moved forward in their seats excited for the announcement.

l watched as Harry gripped the edges of the stool. He looked anxious and worried.

After a bit more of him teetering on the seat and the hat and him mumbling to each other the hat finally announced "GRYFFINDOR!"

He took off the hat and walked shakily toward the Gryffindor table.

He looked shaken yet very relieved.

I was willing to bet that he didn't even notice that he was getting the loudest cheer yet.

Percy the Prefect got up and shook his hand vigorously, while the Weasley twins yelled, "We got Potter! We got Potter!"

Harry sat down opposite the ghost in the ruff we'd seen earlier.

Just then I heard Professor McGonagall call out my name. "L/N, Y/N"

I walked forward releasing a shaky breath and sat in the chair.

From here on everyone would think of me as whatever house I was going to...

I was worried cuz deep down I felt like the house I was going to go to was one that would lead to me losing any friends I'd made before this.

The hat was placed on my head and immediately fell over my eyes.

In the darkness, I heard its voice echo.

"Cunning yet Curious....,
Stubborn and Adventurous....,
Creative and Inventive but Ambitious and Resourceful...,
Dreams of adventures but won't follow through...,

Loyal to none but your morals....,

Works smart not hard........,
Quite interesting.......,
Fear is a detour and Pain is forgettable.........,
Does not Forgive nor Forget...,
A weird sense of balance.....,
Quite interesting.........,
Slytherin, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are all great fits.....,
Though you would not merge well with Gryffindor....,
Your tactics are more Slytherin than Ravenclaw.....,

You would be forgettable in Ravenclaw....,
I think......."

It just mumbled on and on leaving me to figure out what it said...
I was just about to request Ravenclaw until he mentioned that I'd be forgettable in it...
Being forgotten was one thing I was absolutely sure I did not want.

"SLYTHERIN!"

A loud cheer left the Slytherin table as the hat left my head and I got up slightly giddy from being cheered on.

I looked over to Gryffindor's table only to see Harry and Hermione staring at me with concern.

The Weasley twins and Percy looked a little less concerned but rather more confused.(To anyone asking questions. This is because they were confused how I got along with Harry and Ron if I was a slytherin and they were both Gryffindors.)

I remember what they thought of Slytherin and decided to ignore it.

I wasn't evil and I'd show them that.

Author's note:

I did something!!!
I'm not a complete waste of space :)))

Word Count: 1215 words

~ Author<333