Chapter 1: Prologue

Start from the beginning

"Smart choice." and for the first time I saw a ghost of a smile on the tired angel's face. "Now, just press the button and we can get started."

"Honestly, you mind doing it?" I asked the angel, leaning back in my chair. "I've never been luckily with this kind-of stuff. Just remembering how much money I spent getting Castoria and Oberon makes me want to die."

Actually, now that I think about it, was it weird that I count never having gotten to see what happens after Lostbelt 6 as one of my few lingering regrets? Probably not right? After-all I had spent literal hours of my life playing the game; getting to experience the story, leveling up all my servants, and even having a blast with other members of the Fate community on Reddit.

All the servants were great in FGO were great, and they all had stories I had come to enjoyed over my time playing the game. (Except Columbus. He and the entire Agartha singularity could go suck a lemon)

As the angel shrugged and the muttered something like "You're already dead though...", I couldn't help but wonder what kind of powers I might get. Maybe it's because I had been playing a lot of Final Fantasy 16 before I died, but the powers from that game were the first things I thought off.

"Being able to turn into Ifrit like Clive would be so cool!" I thought as I remembered all the cool moments from the game. "But being able to fly and heal like Phoenix would be pretty awesome too! Too bad the odds of me getting either of those powers is basically zero."

The angel told me that there were more than a billion powers in the gatcha pool, and more were being added as soon as they were being thought up. I could get anything ranged from omniscience down to the power to never stub my toe again.

However, unknown to everyone and even myself, it was entirely possible for me to get the powers that I wanted.

See while the guys in-charge did want to stop all the over-powered reincarnators that had been spawning lately, they didn't want people to be unhappy with the powers that they got. After-all, reincarnation was supposed to be a reward for having been a decent person in life.

That's why they made a system where when a person presses the button, the roulette wheel would read that person's wants and desires, and the wheel would then secretly increase the chances of the person getting the powers that they wanted.

But it wasn't me who had spun the wheel just now, it was my angel. And as an angel, they had two very interesting characteristics:

1. They could automatically read your mind, and
2. Their luck level was insanely high.

In essence, my wants and desires were being automictically sent to my angel, which were then sent to the roulette wheel after having been boosting massively by the angel's luck.

I obviously didn't know any of this, so imagine my surprise then when five rewards appeared in front of me.

"Congratulations. Let's see you got, the standard training, physical appearance customization, and universal language packages, the "Dominant of Fire" combo pack, and a C-rank modification ticket."

"C-combo pack?" I stuttered. Honestly, my brain was still catching up to the fact that I had somehow gotten the exact powers I was literally just thinking about. "Seriously what are the odds?"

Tapping the combo reward, it quickly expanded and displayed more information:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

["Dominant of Fire" Combo Pack includes:]

["Dominant of Fire - Ifrit" Pack]