I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty-Four

QOC:

"Love at first sight is a kind of magic, which happens only once in a lifetime." 

~Unknown.

Aiden:

I walked home that day thinking about what Aru had labeled me as to her. Gods, it killed me to replay that memory in my head again and again. I called Brynne and Mini over that day still hoping they had forgotten about the whole chase down situation that had happened. Aru and I were late to class and we'd gotten into trouble with our teacher. Even after everything I'd told the two girls, who mind you were in my own house, they managed to bonk me on the head a good five times each. By the end of my confession, I had an icepack on my head with fulfilled looks on both of their faces.

"Sucks to suck hon'," Brynne said, examining her nails as if she didn't give a damn, "You reap what you sow, and you sowed some really bad friendzoning. Let's just hope she has mercy on you."

I hung my head in my hands. "Why am I so dumb?"

"Hey," Mini said, putting a comforting hand on my head and patting me, "At least you admitted it. I was wondering how we were going to break the news to you. Thank the everloving lords."

I rolled my eyes as Mini and Brynne grinned at me and squealed.

Mini beamed at me brightly. "I'm so glad that you've come to your senses however, now we can devise a plan and get you both from single pringles to ready to mingle!"

"Single pringle?" Brynne repeated, a disgusted look on her face, "Ready to mingle? Girl, who uses those phrases anymore?"

I ignored her. "But Aru's not a single pringle anymore," I sulked, "I wanna mingle but she already has."

"Aaaand we're here, using stupid phrases." Brynne said, facepalming.

"Technically," Mini started, "She's still a single pringle if she doesn't get asked to be Leo's boyfriend tomorrow night, so she's still mingling but you could also try mingling too..."

I pouted and shrugged my shoulders. "But she likes Leo a lot. What if she says yes and isn't a single pringle anymore. I want her to be my pringle, not his."

Brynne shook her head. "What is with you people?"

I fell onto my couch to lay there and stare at the ceiling to contemplate life. It's one of my hobbies that I love to do.

"I screwed up," I sighed, hugging a pillow and burying my head into it, secretly wishing it was Aru who I was hugging.

"You did," Brynne said, nodding her head in agreement, "But, I will tell you that Aru still has major feelings for you."

I shot up from the couch immediately. "REALLY?"

"Yeah," She replied nodding her head, "But–"

"Oh," I said, my mood ruined, "There's a but. Y'know what else is a butt? Leo. He has a butt face and I wish he'd go shove it in a nasty toilet where it belongs."

Brynne was disappointed. "Aaand here we go again with the weird language and stupid comebacks."

Mini clapped her hands together with a determined look on her face. "Okay. This is the plan Aiden, you gotta listen up and pay attention, this has to be done tomorrow. You're not wearing your stupid hoodie, you're wearing a tuxedo, okay? I literally will kill you if you don't wear that."

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"Do you want Aru to be impressed and leave Leo's clearly handsome butt face for yours?"