I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Two

QOC:

"To the world you may be just one person but to one person you may be the world."

~Dr. Seuss

Aru:

I shook my head. "From what I've heard from Mini about you, you're a sweet guy, but you don't do work, even if you're dying. I bet you..." I hesitated, trying to remember the girl's name. "...Brynne here, did all the work, didn't she?"

Brynne chuckled to herself. "Yeah, Rudy? What's in it for... What's your name again?"

"It's Shah. Aru Shah." I replied confidently.

^^^

^^^

"Uhm..." Rudy paused.

I raised an eyebrow and slowly opened my mouth, while unlocking the door again to get ready to yell Mini's name once more. Mini and I have been best friends since we were twelve or so. She's basically my soul sister. She's almost always over at my house, we hang out all the time at school, and I tell her literally EVERYTHING. Obviously, with this knowledge that you have, you know that I've already told her about the handsome boy that is standing at my doorway who's name is Aiden Acharya. Remembering that he was there, and I wasn't only dealing with the two other people that were accompanying him, I stole a glance at this 'Aiden.'

He stared right back at me with the most sly smirk I've ever seen in my entire life.

DAYUM THIS GUY HAS TO HAVE SOME CELESTIAL GENES HOW DOES HE MANAGE TO LOOK SO AMAZING?!

I blushed again and quickly shot a look back at my best friend's boyfriend and my new acquaintance, Brynne. Brynne seemed like an interesting person, I liked her from the start.

I grinned. "Say, would y'all like to come inside? My mom would love the idea of me having some nice friends over."

Behind me, I heard Mini's voice through the door. "Aru, don't let your little southern accent act slip again. Those 'y'all's' weren't pleasing whatsoever to hear for an hour continuously."

A/N: I think southern accents are rlly pretty, tbh, I just thought this would be something the Potatoes made fun of Aru for, lmao

She opened the door and looked at me. "Who are you talking to anywa–"

She immediately stopped when she saw Rudy. She slowly shut the door as she stared at him, and then rushed off and back into the house.

I looked at Rudy suspiciously. "Did you guys have a fight or something?"

Rudy shook his head in reply. "Did she bring sanitizer over to your house?"

"What kind of question is that?" I responded. "Of course she did."

"Then that's what she's getting," He replied. "Whenever she sees me she always sprays me with her unscented antibacterial spray before hugging me. She says that the scents in the sprays and air-fresheners can be carcinogenic, and that I also have a lot of germs all over me, and that because of that I could die."

I nodded in return, signaling that that was probably, very, true. Suddenly, I heard footsteps rushing behind me and then the door swinging open. Mini rushed to Rudy and sprayed him with her little bottle of antibacterial sanitizer. She counted to thirty out loud and then tackled Rudy and crushed him with a bear hug.

"RUDY!" She squealed. "I missed you!!!"

He spun her around and placed her on the ground, still not letting go while grinning happily. "I just saw you a few hours back, Mini."