Times Up Gurl!

"Have this" Mom handed me some weird looking spices "Gulp it down with water I'll get your food."

Welcome to Post self diagnosis of Diabetes Day 1.

We still haven't done a proper blood test but even without that it's true that now I am Diabetic.

Last night after just one confirmation from the doctor I had this whole emotional drama with my brother where I texted him "Now if a guy proposes to me I'll say. I have diabetes and he will run away." To say that I was crazy when I Said that will be accepted coz I for sure
Was. The amount of pain my heart felt while I was trying to joke out of it was too much.

I was in a big confusion of if this is all good or bad. Like for attention A+. Like just imagine saying "Bro. You don't know how much I am suffering. I freaking Have a Diabetes! Sob* sob*" how much sympathy I can get.

Well that much attention is enough for me.

"What is this!!" I yelled as I saw my mom placing 'Chapati and bitter gourd sabji'

"Food."

"Bitter Gourd!! Food?!! And You guys are literally having Biryani!!!"

"It's leftover"

"So! Biryani is Biryani!"

"It's rice Christline. You can't eat rice! You are Diabetic!"

And there ends; Conversation and Starts; My Suffering.

Diabetic means Not only 'No Sugar' but also No rice, No potatoes, Nothing that is sweet cos 90% of time these foods have sugar and left 10% it has jaggery and Guess what!!! Jaggery has the 80% of the same effect on your body as Sugar.

"And you have to go again to give urine sample" mom

"Yup I know"

My Urine infection has not came to a end yet. I gave urine samples that's how I got my urine 'Routine' results that stated the presence of Glucose and my start of my bad days. But I have to get Urine 'culture' Test that is done to find which Bacteria is present, so that they can
Provide me anti bacterial medicine and for that they want First Morning Urine. Yeah it's a thing.

But that night sleep was not finding its way to me. I tossed and turned all night but it just felt impossible to sleep.

What is keeping me awake was not soo hard to figure out. I mean what else supposedly will keep me up. Just in one day I realised how hard life is going to be ahead.

If this would have came 2 year ago i would have not cared less. All teenage days i have just tried to starve myself to get the very much picture perfect thin girl look. So not consuming sugar, potatoes, rice would have just worked in my benifit. Coz back then cutting food out was not a big deal to me. I would have survived this torcher easily.

But now. When during lock down everyone was locked up in home and my hard working mom cooked freshly cooked food for us my relation with food started developing well. Instead of eating 1 meal a day I started Enjoying 3 meals with good homemade heavy snack at times.

I feel in love with the delicacy of Rice. It's soo flexible, serve it with different types of Traditional curry or just curd with Coconut chutney.

Make its taste more complicated with Biriyani or break it by adding Swettners and lentic seed and have your 'pongal'.

Serve It fresh hot and feel the warmness it provided as soon as it enters your body or soak it in water overnight to Drink it like 'Kanji'.

Or if nothing, just grind and make paste and spread it on a hot pan for dosa or dry powder and steam it, add granted coconut serve with a banana, 'puttu' .

Kollkatai, paroota there were so many so Indian dishes and this all were something so so so soothing to just give up in one night and it's just 1 of the item out of the 'You shouldn't eat list' that cuts out soo many Dishes and if i bring other items that's barely anything left that i can consume.

So it's like when i finally said let's Live. Life said 'Times up Gurl'