Chapter 13

***Iris***

***Iris***

It was dark when Noah dropped me off. I asked him to stop at the end of the driveway, not wanting him to bear witness to the loud bickering that had consistently been going on within the home. Or even worse, Carson would see him and bombard me with questions and accusations. 

A smile came from seeing how he waited for me to go in the house before taking off. If only he knew that I was just as safe outside as I was inside of these doors. 

All of the lights were off in the dark house, the only sound coming from the owls and the chirping of crickets outside. 

"They must have gone to bed early." I thought, heading up to my room. 

Careful not to make much noise I tiptoed upstairs. A sigh of relief echoed my dormant room as I turned on the light, flopping onto the bed. 

"Have fun?" I sat up straight in my bed, terrified, as I heard the familiar voice, not knowing that I wasn't alone. My terror soon turned to irritation as I saw Carson staring out my bedroom window, pushing the purple and black Halloween-style curtain to peer out the window. 

"What are you doing in here?" I snapped. 

"That's beside the point. Who was that?" He asked, turning to me, his arms folded. 

"None of your business. Now get out." 

"You don't get to tell me what to do." He offered a sickeningly fake laugh. 

"Please Carson. Just get out." I pleaded. The last thing that I wanted to do right now was deal with him. I had such a great night with Noah, I didn't want my happiness to be dulled just because of his dumba**.

"Okay. I'll leave." He said but going back into my bubble. I could tell just by the tone of his voice, and the smirk on his face that there was a catch. "I'll leave if you kiss me." My stomach was churning with disgust. 

Ever since the divorce between our parents began, he had been playing the same perverted game with me. Catching me off guard or down right forcing me to kiss him when he was given the chance. It was revolting. He was revolting.