14

Taylor's POV

The drive to Taylor's New York Apartment was supposed to be a short drive but was made an hour longer due to the New York traffic but it did give them time to talk about things. There was an awkward silence at first but Julián was the one to break it.

"So this is New York City then."

Taylor was surprised that he had spoken given his depressed mood from earlier today. looking over at him from the driver seat was like looking into a whole new world. The way the night lights of the city shone into his eyes and refracted to create an endless rainbow that Taylor so desperately wanted to find the end of. The way Julián looked out of the window at the surroundings entranced by the untold stories made Taylor want to write a book about all of them just for him. The way his hair was messy but perfectly styled at the same time and just begging Taylor to run her hand through it for evermore. The way Julián could just look at her and she would give her whole heart to him if he only just asked.

Julián Garnacho enchanted and terrified Taylor Swift all at once.

"Yeah... yeah it is' ' Taylor answered quietly, secretly smiling at the boy who wasn't looking her way.

After finally managing to escape the traffic jam they pair reached taylor's apartment building Taylor was politely greeted by the doorman but Julian was given a glare which rivaled his mother's.

Looking to Taylor for support Julián worriedly asked, "have I done something to offend that man?"

"Oh no you are fine Joe is like that with every new person i bring up here." She replied nonchalantly as if it is an everyday thing, "He has gotten worse since the whole Kanye situation began, he is a really sweet man and has helped me so much. "

"ok that's good because it was like when I got told off for hacking off my sister's hair when I was 5" Julián shivered at the memory while Taylor was just stunned at how someone could do that to their sister.

laughing she replied, "you are unbelievable Julián Garnacho and you are not getting near any scissors in my house."

As the doors to the lift opened Julián played into her joke and said, "I think you would look great with a pixie cut Taylor"

"Don't even try it" She warned, pointing a finger at him as the door of the lift closed behind them.

It was obvious that Julián had cheered up since the end of the final. Taylor thought getting him away from the football atmosphere and social media would distract him from the loss but that also meant getting him away from his teammates. All of his teammates understood the guilt he felt, with most having some experience as well so when Lionel Messi came up to Taylor in the car park and told her in broken English that she needed to be there for Julián and get him out of his head Taylor knew what she was going to do.

shoving Julián into the right apartment this time after almost entering Taylor's elderly neighbor's flat she sat Julian at her kitchen island like a toddler and asked him, "What do you want for dinner?"

His response, "What can you cook?"

Thinking for a moment before coming to a realization Taylor then smacked her lips and said,"ehh... nothing. but i can bake"

While laughing Julián walked around the island and moved Taylor out of the way by her hips. Taylor felt butterflies in hips, "Let's see what I can conjure up with your cupboards". After scavenging in her cupboards for a few minutes and then looking in her fridge for any meat He came up with the perfect idea of what to make and Julián announced, "we are going to make my Vovô's pastels"

"WE?!" The blonde screamed

"Sim!" he said in portuguese, grinning like a maniac.

"No. What even is pastel?"