10

Julián's POV

with the premier league season finally over meant that the Copa America was a few weeks away. This time being hosted in the USA. To fill the few weeks in between Julián finally had the chance to visit his family in the seaside town, Mar del Plata. arriving at Argentina International Airport at three in the morning after being in the air for almost 14 hours was hell for the man he couldn't get any cabs to his hometown so he ended up having to rent a car at an outrageous price and make the 4 and a half hour drive running on nothing but red bull and bland plane food. Was it the smartest idea? probably not but Julian couldn't stand being in that airport any longer so he braved the drive.

Nearing his childhood home the day was waking up as it was nearing 8 O'clock. Driving through the town centre took forever, there were people in their cars trying to get to their day and people opening shops and stalls. Due to the traffic it was almost 9:30am when he finally reached his parents' house being greeted by his mother running out of the house with her arms open for her son. His mother's hugs are all he wanted in the 5 years he has been away and now given the chance for one he took it, sweeping Ramona up from her feet and swinging her around as though she weighed nothing and she loved it.

"Oh, hijo mío, por fin has llegado a casa". She said, gathering her son into another hug. ("Oh my son you are finally home".)

Julián smiled widely at his mother, "Hola, mamá"

"¿cómo has estado? ¿Estás comiendo bien?" . ("how have you been? Are you eating well?")

"mamá, estoy bien, no tienes que preocuparte, sé cómo cuidarme" he said, reassuring his doting mum and trying to turn the conversation away from his, "¿donde esta papa?" ("mum i am all right you don't need to worry i know how to look after myself". "Where's dad?")

"Está recogiendo a tu hermano de la práctica de fútbol.", saying that she ushered Julián into the house while refusing his help to get his bags in claiming he needs rest after traveling so far. ("He is just getting your brother from early football training.")

After a well needed nap Julián made his way out of his childhood bedroom and made his way into his family kitchen as he was searching the cupboards for something interesting to eat he was startled by a voice.

"buenas noches cabeza dormida", turning to see his father sitting at the table was not how he wanted to be greeted while being half asleep. Marco was not happy with the grumble his son gave as a response. "¿vuelo largo?" he said sarcastically, going back to reading something on his phone , glasses perched on his nose as normal. ("Good evening sleepy head. Long flight?")

Still hunting for a snack Julián said over his shoulder, "Muy divertido. donde Catalina y Alejandro?". ("Very funny. Wheres catalina and alejandro?")

"Catalina no viene hasta mañana ahora y Alejandro está... en algún lado". ("Catalina doesn't come until tomorrow now and Alejandro is... somewhere.")

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. As if by magic Julián's younger brother came waltzing through the door and coming into the kitchen, ignoring his brother. Julián had not seen Alejandro since he was 10, now almost 16 is those 5 years he had changed once barely reaching his brother's waist now only a head shorter. Alejandro's habits have also changed since childhood, loudness and madness had been replaced with quietness.

Not expecting to see his older brother made Alejandro freeze and stare at Julian. "¿Cuándo llegaste aquí?". Confusion quickly turned into glee, realizing it was his brother. Julian opened his arms for his little brother who came running. "¡Cuándo llegaste aquí!" he repeated with a wide smile on his face. ("When did you get here?")