𓇢𓆸𓃗The hot ranch hand𓄋⋆˚☆˖°

Start from the beginning

Stiles looked back to where he could see the horse with its head down not moving. Just enjoying the freedom and breeze. "Poor thing looks like he hasn't eaten in weeks."

"Probably hasn't" Claudia sneered. "Ms.Blake had no reason to buy this horse other than greed. It was pathetic of her to even think she could treat such an animal as she did." Claudia shook her head, hands tightening on the steering wheel.

As they were driving up a hill, dread sunk in Stiles stomach but he could tell why yet.. It was just an overwhelming feeling. That something horrible was about to happen.

And it did.

But no one knew until it was inescapable.

On each side of the hill two trucks driving up. The other truck on the wrong side of the lane. As soon as they reached the top of the hill. Stiles knew why he felt that way.

Of course...

It was too good to be true

Parrishes heart sunk when he saw the crash. And all he could think when he saw the familiar pick up truck was... "Please don't let this be the Stilinski's" But the model was the same... The colour was the same... The plate...was the same.

Parrish jumped out of his car, several other officers, firefighters and paramedics already on scene.

There were three stretchers. Two of them covered and being ignored for the time being.. One being rushed towards the rig. Parrish ran over to the ambulance. "Can I see the victim... Please?" The two paramedics looked to each other unsure, before nodding at the officer. He stepped up into the rig and his head when dead silent.

An hour and a half later, Parrish returned to the apartment of Derek Hale. This time the officer wasn't all bright and happy. Instead agitated and worried.

"Let's go Hale." He didnt even wait for the man before starting to walk out. Derek shot a confused look to both his roommates before following the officer.

They sat in silence as they drove. And while Derek should be thankful for this it wasn't a good silence. It was a tense silence. One that would occur when stuck in your head with bad thoughts. Derek should know he's had his fair share.

But this was unlike the officer. No matter how gorey the scene or how much of an asshole a person in custody was, this officer was the one to rely on to keep on joking and stay out of his head.

"Officer Parrish." Derek spoke gruffly. "Uh.. You good?" This wasn't something Derek did. He didn't comfort people. He didn't know how...

The officer stayed quiet for a moment. "Just a rough scene. It involved a friend." The officer spoke. Derek nodded and just looked out the window the rest of the ride, understanding why the officer was like this and letting him have his silence.

They arrived at the farm at 7:30. He expected there to be more people working, but the only person he saw was an older man who seemed to be struggling. But not from it being to much work..

Parrish and Derek stepped out of the cruiser. "Hey.. Noah." Parrish spoke as if they were long term friends who fell apart. Derek stood back for a moment, it seemed Parrish said something because the man's - Noah's - face fell and Parrish pulled him into a hug.

"Well." The officer spoke louder now so Derek could here "Noah. This is your new ranch hand. Put him to hard work." The officer winked playfully towards the man then looked back to Derek. "And you. Don't cause the sheriff any trouble, yeah?" the officer laughed but here was something to it. Still tense.