𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄

Start from the beginning

"do you feel nauseous? dizzy?" he questions, ignoring my pleas for any answers. "who are you?" i press further, getting more frustrated as he continues to write. he's ignoring me, he doesn't bother to give me any clue he's paying attention to what i'm saying.

"do you have any middle name?"

"i'm not answering anything without knowing about james," he stops writing, furrowing eyebrows and a curled lip. i understand he's frustrated, i hope he can only imagine what i'm feeling.

"can we get through the basic protocol? i need to make sure you're doing fine, i'll answer any questions you have after." staring at him for a moment, i give in. he doesn't look happier then me to be here.

it feels like i'm being interviewed even with basic questions. as the questions and time get longer, the more personal they get. it's a long list of questions, i could've sworn some being the same questions.

muttering out "hm," or "okay," with every answer, occupied with the pen hitting paper as he flips though pages. the blonde sighs and puts his clipboard down. exhaustion showing through his posture, but corrects it in the blink of an eye as he sits up straight. his eye bags don't do him any justice.

"so—are we done with the questions?" i can't give him a break when the answers are close as can be.

"hit me,"

"where am i, where is james? is everyone okay? what happ—"

"hold on, one question at a time." he interrupts my rambling, silencing me for a moment. appearing to be processing the load of inquiry i dropped on him.

"you're safe, james's the same. everyone and everything is okay."

"why am i naked?" i blurt out, his wide eyes only lasting for a second as he appears uncomfortable. his hands gripping the clipboard more tightly. his eyes don't drift near my bed though, only remaining on my eyes.

"well—we had to burn your clothes. in case you had brought anything that can be harmful," he pauses as he sees my horrified expression. "i'm sorry, it's mandatory and protocol. we had to do it for your friend juliette too."

when the name leaves his mouth, it feels refreshing, with relief of knowing she's all right too. the embarrassment i'm going through is something she probably mirror when she wakes up, or if she has.

"after you're fully recovered, we have a suit waiting for you. on top of many other necessities." the man explained, flipping over his notes.

"a suit? what for?"

"you'll see in a bit, it's worth the wait," he exclaims with a chuckle. examining the room like i'd done, he finds the mess on the floor. he looks back at me with a grimace; clearly not happy with the mess he'll probably have to clean.

"i didn't know how to tell anyone i was awake," i answer before he has the opportunity to ask. the awkward tension arises in the room. i don't dare to spare him a glance. knowing i'll freak myself out more if i try.

we sit in silence, his soft knocks of his knuckles hitting the wood makes a small beat. i would've found it annoying, but i'll take whatever entertainment i can grab.

two hard knocks hit the door unexpectedly. in flinch, but hold myself as i peer to the blondie to see if he saw me scared for a quick moment. he didn't, his focus being the door. "come in." the door creeks open, showing kenji walking through the door.

he seems nervous for the first few seconds but appears to suck it up as he incloses the space between us one step at a time. no words are exchanged between us, our eyes seeming to do enough.

he gives me a brief nod, i return it. kenji look's healthy. no more beaten-up face or blood being his main source of coverage. his clothes are new, and show off the muscles he's boasted about. he stands strong and confident, his straight posture and gaze shows it.

"hey romeo,"

"kenji."

he releases a sigh, and puts his hands into his pockets. "you had me stressed for a good minute," breaking the eye contact, i look anywhere else but at him. it's humbling to know kenji saw me that vulnerable.

"i know. i'm sorry i guess , for what—" i look up at him, his eyes bore back at me with interest in what i'm saying, caring. "happened." i squeak, grasping the thin sheets tighter around me. i scoot, creating more distance between us.

i was trying to not bring it up as soon as possible, it's hard to avoid when he's the first thing you're seeing when you've woken up from being unconscious.

"don't be, it wasn't your fault. you did great romeo," he adds with a quick grin, leaning against the nearest wall as he takes a good look around the room, untimely meeting back with my eyes.
"don't you agree?"

"on what?"

"i mean—i look way better. no beat-up face, just perfection. you can't deny it doll," the name makes my face feel hot, it's as if kenji has no regard for the other stranger standing in the room with us. i have a love-hate relation with the nickname.

"oh—shut up," i huff, any good mentions about him fading away by his attitude. as much as i missed him, he always found a way to be annoying.

i roll my eyes playfully, while his chuckle fills the room. the blondie clears his throat loudly, holding the clipboard now under his arms.

"are you guys done here? i'm sorry—but i thought you had a purpose of being here." the integrator stands up, looking towards kenji for an answer. the blondes facade of trying to be nice completely faded away, his facial expression's give it away.

"yeah, well—" he follows the lead with the blonde. standing up from the wall with him. he points a hand to me, "castle wants to meet her."