hospital and new school

Tuk slowly walks over to Neteyams side Looking at him, she doesn’t say anything, not liking to seeing her brother like this.” Why is he not waking up?”, “His body needs a lot of energy to fight what makes him sick so his body is keeping him asleep”, she tells her, they leave the room a few minutes later and Lo’ak heads inside next, It’s weird for him to see his brother like this, hooked up to a few monitors and a cannula in his nose for oxygen” You big Idiot… Why didn’t you say something about it…”. He sits at his brother’s side a bit longer telling him about how he’s met Tsireya and the others. The last people to go in the room are Kiri and Jake, they aswell tell him what he missed out so far.” You wanna Switch? I’ll stay with him and you go home?”, Jake asks but she shakes her head” I’ll stay with him, also don’t you have that meeting tomorrow with Norm, Max and the rest?”.” True but it’s over video chat so can still be here”. She looks at him” I’ll stay with Neteyam”. “Ok”, he checks his mails “Oh looks like you’ll start school tomorrow, l just got the reply from the principal”. The teens nod “Tonowaris Kids are also attending this school so you have someone you know”. This will make it a bit easier for Kiri given she gets along with Tsireya and Rotxo. They stay a bit longer and head home again.

Kiri plays with Tuk while Lo’ak just plays some Basketball, his dad Installed the basket over the garage gate, Tonowari had an old one at home from when Ao’nung played sometimes und it hasn’t been used in a while so he gave it to them after he learned that Lo’ak played. Later at dinner (I’m sorry for the time skips) They eat together as Tuk looks at Jake “Dad… when is ’tey getting better?”.” I don’t know Tuk”. He pets her head, Local looks up from his plate” Hey dad, I was thinking maybe we can make practice targets again like we had at home for ‘teyam and Mom?” Jake thinks about it” We can get started on that tomorrow, I bet they’ll love it”. Neteyam and Neytiri are both extremely skilled in Archery and they had some targets set up in their backyard for the two to practice on, but they left those there and just took their bows & arrows with them.

During the night the fever they’ve tried to keep under control spikes up again, Neytiri notices it und calls for someone. A nurse together with Ronal who is working a nightshift today  come in. She tells the nurse to get some medication while taking a closer look at the boy, seems like it’s just the fever that spiked, she redresses the wound and administers the Medication through the IV. “This should bring the fever down again, he’s gonna be ok”. Neytiri nods knowing very well she won’t be sleeping the rest of the night. Ronal is filling out some stuff in his chart as Neytiri speaks up” You said you know how it is to be in a situation similar to mine, how come?”” Ao’nung and Tsireya ended up in the hospital more often than I want to admit when they were younger, both got food allergies, he got 3 while Tsireya only got one so of course how kids are they sometimes forgot about that and ended up needing to go here”. She explains and the other nods, Ronal smiles a little placing a hand on her shoulder” Your boy is strong he’ll be back on his feet soon I promise”.” Thank you”. She leaves afterwards and Neytiri stays awake for the remaining night eventually passing out asleep on the chair in the morning, a nurse covered her with a blanket.

At the Sully house the morning is rather chaotic given they all nearly overslept and have to rush to get to the schools on time. At the school they get their round of Information from the principal and then head off to find their classes.
Lo’ak spots Tsireya in his class and smiles, happy that they share some classes. Their teacher makes him introduce himself to the class, he sighs about it “Well I’m Lo’ak, 17 and we just moved here two days ago”. Kiri has to do the same thing in her class which she shares with Rotxo, she fidgets with her hands to help ground her a little, she’s not a fan of this change. Rotxo does his best to help her and they get to lunch pretty well.
They sit with Tsireya und eat their Lunch a few students start talking about them “What a bunch of freaks”. Kiri holds Lo’ak back before he can get into a fight on his first day. “Just leave them alone”, Rotxo says und looks at the stupid other friend group his best friend has, they just laugh and walk away.“I’m so sorry for my brothers friends”, Tsireya apologizes, Lo’ak shakes his head” It’s ok”, he searches something in Kiris bag before finding a small box with some cookies in it, getting one out and hands it to Kiri, these cookies are her comfort food and she looks like she could use it.She nibbles on it and offers the others some aswell. Tsireya has to decline given she can’t eat anything with nuts and the cookies are made with Hazelnut.” So besides that how do you like it here so far?”, Rotxo asks and Lo’ak answers” It’s actually pretty cool here, yes it’s different from what we are used to and I sure miss our old home…”.”What do you miss the most?”,” Grandma and being able to visit my mom…”, The two other teens look at Kiri a bit puzzled” My mom died when I was really young, she was a good friend of dad and they took me in” Tsireya ruffles Rotxos hair ”Sounds similar to you”. He groans and nods” No need to remind me of it”” Have you thought of any clubs you wanna join get?” Tsireya changes the topic, the two siblings shake their head.“Maybe you could try out for the swim team”, Rotxo suggests” Ao’nung is captain of the team and I’m co-captain”. ”l might try it”, Kiri says smiling a bit. Lo’ak thinks about it but declines” Nah l think I’ll stick with Basketball”. They chat some more before Lunch ends and they head back to class, Tsireya and Rotxo lead them to their classes, one of the other student slams his locker shut making the Sully sibling flinch and Lo’ak looks around with wide eyes and sighs in relieve when he realizes that it was just a locker.” Come on it was just a locker”, Ao’nung says chuckling, he got to them on his way to class.” You should’ve seen your face”.“Ao’nung! You insensible ass!“, Tsireya hisses at her brother, then looks at the other two” Are you ok?”. They nod and then get to their classe. Lo’ak tries his best to pay attention but his mind drifts off to Neteyam. He sighs and at the end of the school day packs his stuff and heads outside. He hears others talk about him but ignores them the best he can.