Chapter 27: Agent Johnson

September 2014

When you arrived in St. Louis it was too late for the boys to start their investigation. Yes. Sam had convinced Dean to check out the case as they agreed it sounded witchy. And you had convinced Dean somehow, to let you come along for the ride. The only question remaining was were you expected to wait in the hotel the next morning while they played agents, would they be willing to let you go off on your own and explore. Or would you be allowed to join in on the case.

The sleeping arrangements stayed the same as it had the past two nights in the other hotels. You and Dean had been nominated to share, with Dean closest to the door. But unlike the previous night, when you had still been mad at him and fallen asleep before you knew if he had slept next to you or not. You were pleasantly surprised to feel Dean climb under the covers with you.

Once again, you feigned possum, but were well aware of his touch when he patted you on your shoulder in a silent goodnight.

The next morning, once you had all woken up and were ready for the day, you visited a small diner for breakfast. Upon arrival, Dean had ushered you into the window side of the small booth you had decided to sit at. Placing himself next to you while Sam sat opposite the two of you.

When the waitress came over to take your orders, Sam had chosen a vegetarian omelette, Dean, a full American breakfast, while you opted for a half stack of pancakes. All served with a side of coffee.

Being out and about finally, you were dying to get a real coffee. Barista made of course. A creamy vanilla latte, or even a flat white would've been amazing. But most importantly, you needed caffeine. So you settled for the same mediocre crap you'd gotten used to while living in the bunker.

"Looks like I might have something more on our possible witch." Sam piped up over the top of his laptop that sat next to his plate of food.

Ever one for horrible table manners, Dean replied to his brother, only after shoving a forkful of bacon and egg into his mouth. "Oh yeah? What you got?"

"A waiter was killed, at a restaurant down town last night." Sam continued.

"So?" Dean's mouth was full of coffee this time. "How is that related to the brothel?"

Upon further investigation on the drive to St. Louis yesterday, Sam had discovered that both the prostitute and the pimp were linked to a brothel called Raul's Girls.

Sam shook his head at his older brother and then looked over at you, sharing an eye roll and a chuckle. "So... The ah, guy died after turning red and choking on the floor... Witness said, quote, 'it was like he was boiled to death'... Sound familiar?..."

"Guess we should check out the restaurant then too?" Dean's mouth was finally free of food and drink and he turned over to you. "So... Miss, 'What if I want to help'... Do you feel up to playing dress ups today?"

"Dress ups?" You side eyed the hunter next to you, curious about what he was going on about. Was he actually going to let you tag along on the case? You were about to find out you guessed. "Sooooo, you're going, to let me go with you, on the case?" Your question was drawn out, trying hard not to push things too far.

"Yeah... You've seen me go all FBI on you, you think you got what it takes?... We'll need to go visit the morgue, check out the body... And go to this restaurant to talk to the staff that saw what happened." And then Dean turned to Sam. "You handle the morgue, we'll handle the restaurant?... I'm guessing Glowworm here has had enough of dead bodies for the week." And he chuckled as you swatted his arm. "This way we can keep an eye on you and get the job done."

Sam had nodded as Dean asked him about attending the morgue and it was settled, you had a plan of action. Now you just needed to look the part. And when you questioned the boys about that small detail they brushed you aside, not filling you in on how they were going to pull it all off. Until you found yourself out the front of a department store with Dean, some forty minutes later.