00. SNOW ON THE BEACH

Every summer, Noelle Beck-Smith and her mother, Julia, would go to the family's beach house in Cousins. They would join Susannah, her aunt, her two sons, Jeremiah and Conrad, and the Conklin's for three full months of pool parties, bonfires, barbecues and beach days. Just them, moms and kids like one big family. For Noelle, it was all she could think about all year. Cousins was where she could breathe, where she belonged. She loved being near the water, swimming all day, playing with the boys, watching movies with Belly, helping Susannah with her garden, crushing on Steven... but what she loved the most was the feeling this house brought to her, like it was magical, special in an inexplicable way. You just had to be there to understand.

But the house's magic wasn't the only thing that couldn't be explained in Noelle's life. One summer when she was thirteen, she was promptly awakened by her mother, ordering her to pack her things. At first, she was confused because it was only the end of June, they still had weeks before school started and just the day before, Noelle had been helping Susannah bake some muffins and biscuits for the Fourth of July weekend. But no, Julia had chosen for her and since then, both never set foot back in Cousins. The only reason her mother gave: Susannah and her had a fight. About what? Nobody knew. And now that Susannah is dead, Julia is the only one to know.

Now, they're back in Cousins but not for the right reasons. Julia's now the official and sole owner of the Beck's beach house and she doesn't want to keep it, despite her daughter's numerous complaints. What will happen when Noelle decides to go against her own mother? Wishing to reconnect with her past, with Jeremiah and Conrad and perhaps digging up some other things along the way... such as a long-lost crush for a certain Conklin boy. 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Sadie Anne Stanley as NOELLE BECK-SMITH
18 years old

Sadie Anne Stanley as NOELLE BECK-SMITH18 years old

Sean Kaufman as STEVEN CONKLIN
18 years old

THE REST OF THE CHARACTERS OF TSITP AS THEMSELVES

˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗

PLAYLIST Sure Thing — MiguelThe Archer — Taylor Swift Moon River — Frank OceanBest Part - Daniel Caesar (ft

PLAYLIST
Sure Thing — Miguel
The Archer — Taylor Swift
Moon River — Frank Ocean
Best Part - Daniel Caesar (ft. HER)
K. — Cigarettes after sex
Snow on the beach — Taylor Swift
Heather — Conan Gray
I Wanna Be Yours — Arctic Monkeys
Mary — Alex G
Softcore — The Neighborhood
August — Taylor Swift
Electric — Khalid
Out of My League — Fitz and The Tantrums
Fourth of July - Sufjan Stevens
Back to the Old House — The Smiths
Big Jet Plane — Angus & Julia Stone
Enchanted — Taylor Swift
Forest Gump - Frank Ocean

˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗

tropes: love triangle, she fell first, he fell harder, childhood friends to lovers

Disclaimer: this story is going to start at the beginning of season 2, I do not own the characters/plot line of The Summer I Turned Pretty but I will add some twists and changes to the story so we can really get to know my original character and her story.

Welcome!
The Summer I turned Pretty always held a special in my heart as I love books, and the show as much. So, I hope that you will like this story, it's going to be a bit different than the show and remember, it's starting at the beginning of Season 2!

I'm always open to hear your ideas so don't be afraid to comment your thoughts, I love reading them. I'm very excited for you guys to follow Noelle and Steven's journey.

Much love,

-justine