damage

damage 。・:*:・゚★ Chapter 10

"I'm sorry... are you insane!?" 

"Just please give me the keys." I looked up at Hunter, almost pouting like a lost kid. "Just trust me on this..."

Clare rolled down her window, revealing the confused look that the teens in the backseat shared. "June, why do you even need them? Won't you get like a DUI, or something? Like... on top all the other ones you have...?"

I simply ignored her, not wanting to spoil what I had in mind. Suddenly, I spotted the jock and his friends, hopping into some beat up, but expensive-looking truck. Without another word, I quickly snagged the car keys and maneuvered around the stern-faced boy, into the driver's seat. Before I could pull the door shut, he grabbed it and pulled it back open, leaning down to face me. His fingers had been mere inches from being crushed, if he knew that, he wasn't necessarily letting on.

"June, get out. Now."

"Just hop in the damn car, princess." I nodded to the passenger seat. I drunkenly winked. "I swear, I'll leave you here."

Hunter slammed the door shut and walked around. Once he was in the car, he slammed that door too. I wanted to mutter something like 'Slam that door one more time, or...' but that look on was face kept me from doing so. I kept my mouth closed. Plus, it wasn't my car.

After a few minutes, the truck began to pull out, slowly, since it was dark as shit outside. I waited, eyes glued onto the side mirrors. I waited till' they were right behind our car. And I reversed, making sure my head was out the window, just so the blonde asshole could see my face as the vehicle crashed into the side of the truck.

"Whoops."

We didn't make it three minutes down the road until Hunter had finally spoke up. Before that, he had been unnervingly silent.

"Pull over." He stared at me.

"Alright."

I did just that. And slid over the console as he walked around the vehicle. 

"Was that really necessary, June?" Kev questioned from the backseat, with that disappointed tone I couldn't stand. 

"No." I scoffed. "But it was fucking awesome."

We began driving, again. I almost wished we'd gotten lost or something, so that when he dropped us off, I didn't have to see the damage at the rear, as he drove away. My artwork. I won't say it wasn't satisfying, to see that assholes's face when he looked back at the huge dent on his ugly truck. But I could've seen it under different circumstances, like where Hunter's Dad's car hadn't been torn to hell. And where I wasn't under the impending anger lacing his gaze.

We'd finally pulled into the damn driveway.

wooh! sorry for the criminally short chapter but i was away for a week and just wanted to get this one over with ! ok but for the people who have watched 10 things i hate about you (who the face claim for june is in) did ya'll like the little homage where she reversed right into the guy's car?? ;) i saw an opportunity and took it tbh.

Love ya'll!